Sign in to follow this  
jgaz

Bottle Jack upgrades

Very nice, this is something my dad and I were discussing a few weeks ago to throw in the tool box on the trailer. Great work :)

what about routing a shallow pocket out of the plywood to accept the base of the jack. Just enough to keep the jack from sliding on the plywood if things are not flat. Or, cut out a piece of 1/4 plywood and screw / glue it to the 3/4. You can always flip it over if you can't line the pocket up and just need a flat surface.

Sorry, I screwed up while trying to reply to a pervious post and by mistake ended up with the above post. I was trying to get the previous poster's question in a box to reference the answer below.

What I wanted to say was that the gentleman had a valid idea about improving the plywood base and that it was something that I had considered.

I've only used my system on the floor in the shop, so as of yet, I haven't had a problem with the bottle jack sliding.

These are some great ideas. Another project to try to do, that I probably won't have time for.

image.thumb.jpg.a197cbafa2d3c2319eba6149fd39729b.jpg

I had a feeling those attachments would come in handy when we made them.

My floor jack is still in Michigan. It's probably frozen to the garage floor by now. Lol.

[ATTACH]2587[/ATTACH]

I had a feeling those attachments would come in handy when we made them.

My floor jack is still in Michigan. It's probably frozen to the garage floor by now. Lol.

Perfect example of a use for your creative bottle jack extensions. :D You will love the new sliders. ;)