Sign in to follow this  
dzJeepChic

Reymert Mine Nov 2014 Pictures

Here are some pictures from out day trip to Reymert Mine yesterday. Feel free to post the pictures you took in this thread!

Driver's Meeting with cookies courtesy of Ladybug :)

DSCN7372.JPG

At the Sugar Shack

DSCN7377.JPG

DSCN7380.JPG

DSCN7381.JPG

DSCN7383.JPG

The trail is in the wash:

DSCN7387.JPG

At Reymert

DSCN7389.JPG

DSCN7390.JPG

DSCN7391.JPG

Where's George?

DSCN7392.JPG

DSCN7393.JPG

After lunch at Reymert we decided to see if we could continue on the trail in the wash to get out to Hwy 60 since the GPS shows it going through and google earth does too. :rolleyes:

The wash narrowed a bit and it got rockier before we came to a series of hills along a shelf road.

DSCN7396.JPG

DSCN7400.JPG

DSCN7402.JPG

We came to a gate where the road makes a sharp left turn, and then just beyond the gate we saw this:

DSCN7401.JPG

Clearly, the road is closed, so we had to turn 7 rigs around on this narrow road, which we managed to do in record time. And back down we went, retracing our steps all the way back to where we started from.

DSCN7403.JPG

DSCN7405.JPG

DSCN7407.JPG

It was a fun day, although a little hot for November 1st! It was great to see everyone!

Smelter Ovens @ the Reymert Mine

IMG_1757.jpg

We SURVIVED … :D

15122f81-d493-462f-b122-7441eae654fc.jpg

Fun day with good folks… ;)

The first time I visited Reymert, I tried to access it from the other end (where you attempted to exit). There is a substantial working mine that has the road gated off. I believe it's at the end of the seam that Reymert worked. Today it's just a gravel mine. Lots of signage if you start at that end telling you you can't pass.

Fun pics!

You know I had to go check this out further! This mine was for silver. John Reymert found the silver in 1885 - a vein nearly 1 mile long and nearly all vertical. It is on DeNoon property, and one report said the smelter was actually in the town of DeNoon, although others say it is the town of Reymert. In the 1890s the population was about 250. The shafts go to about 400 feet. Workings include two main shafts, one on either end of the ore body, The Alaska shaft and another one about 2,000 feet south. Lateral work done includes a few tunnels and a near-surface drift running a significant distance N-S through the ore.

(I'm thinking too bad it was such a warm day, as it would have been fun to find that "near-surface drift"!)

Once mining ceased, the far end area (where we tried to exit) was used to quarry landscape rock, and is marked private property. (on the other side of where we tried to exit)

smiles, ladybug

Link to the highlights album:https://picasaweb.google.com/110968346826086888564/2014111Forsharing?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCIDRg628yr7lHg&feat=directlink

Links to the complete album:https://picasaweb.google.com/110968346826086888564/2014111?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCJ__3I2AkpmetQE&feat=directlink

Had a fun time and great to meet some new folks!

Been back there a few times, there are also house ruins & some interesting trails. Ran up on some people one time looking for & finding arrow heads. I did run though the mine area, & did get out. Don't remember exactly where I came out though. Sooooo many trails in that area.....Al

Been back there a few times, there are also house ruins & some interesting trails. Ran up on some people one time looking for & finding arrow heads. I did run though the mine area, & did get out. Don't remember exactly where I came out though. Sooooo many trails in that area.....Al

Yes Al, we should go back someday when its a might cooler! Maybe we can get Buckner to join us?!

smiles, ladybug

We took a ride out to the old town site yesterday. What a cool place to visit.

It's too bad that the site was mostly bulldozed down though.

I really liked the Sugar Shack though, we met some people there shooting some ak47's and ar15's and a lot of other fun toys.