Sign in to follow this  
thatoneguyaz

WJ wheel/tire questions

Interesting, gotchya. Duratrecs are nice but run the same price as a comperable mt so for me thats an issue lol.

I appreciate that link, the grabbers are listed in there too!

I'm on my second set of Treadwright's and I have nothing but good things to say about them. The first set I got with the "Kedge Grip". I would not recommend if it's going to be a daily driver. Mine was not, and I did not rotate them as recomended after realizing that they wore down as fast as they said they would (which is 20% faster). I wanted to keep the rears to go on my trailer. The new set I just picked up I got the regular compound. I will say they are a bit heavy, but the process of retreading them goes bead to bead which makes for a heaver tire. I did have a warranty issue (some minor sidewall cracking) with my first set and after a few pictures and an online form, a new tire showed up on my doorstep shortly there after. I'm not trying to sell them, but my last set was shipped to my door for $579 for 4 tires. I'm ok if they don't get the same mileage that the name brand tires get. For that price, if it takes 2 sets to equal the same mileage as the brand name tires, at least I get new tread halfway through their life and I've spent the same price. I will keep an update as to how the new tires hold up, but for their first outing on Sutherland's Pass and Rice Peak they were great. Did I forget to mention that they are re-molded and recycled in the US. Sorry to ramble just wanted to throw in my 2cents.

Thanks everyone for the help. I just ordered a set of the General Grabber At2s. They have really good review both online as well as people I know personally. Should be a great replacement for my Dynapros, which honestly have been a GREAT tire. Also, I got 33s, so it should be interesting to see once I order the wheels and get it all on how much trimming I'll have to do :)