Sign in to follow this  
dbell

newbie wj questions.

It's not unusual to see this if you do a lot of short trip driving. If the oil on your dipstick looks like that, then you have problems. There's a TSB for it too. http://www.wjjeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wj_090100a.pdf

Bradywgn71 is spot on with his response. I assume that you have a 4.7L in your Jeep

I have a 4.7L in my 2001 Dakota with 170K miles on the odo. I've had this same minor issue with my truck every winter since it was new. I drive 20 miles one way to work 6 days a week and it still will show the condition you described when the weather cools off.

I don't know what the winter temps are where you're at in Nm. I'm in Michigan and I'll start to see this happen late every fall.

I'm not familiar with the TSB and it may help. My 2 cents is just drive it and don't worry about this condition.

Chris, thanks for providing that TSB and your input. And Jim, I haven't been driving the jeep too awful much but when I do it's a 10 mile drive to work, then maybe make a few stops here and there, then the 10 miles back home. So yes, definitely short trip driving. The temps have been pretty chilly here lately so maybe this condition will go away as the temps warm up. Thanks again fellas.