Sign in to follow this  
matt@expaz

Cherry Springs in the Rain

After going to Home Depot in the rain at lunch, I decided to make a quick trip up Charouleau Gap to Cherry Spring to enjoy this beautiful weather. I packed up in 30 minutes and I was off. Just me, the Rubi and the pups. It was an awesome adventure. Heading up Kiss Rock as water poured down the face of it was a little more difficult than doing it dry, but the Jeep did awesome. Cat-dog and Gidget had a great time playing in the water and with each other. Gidget went swimming in the pond a few times. And every time I would try to load her back up in the Jeep, she go in to the water as if she were thinking, "If I'm in the water, you can't come get me to go back!" Funny pup, I had a secret weapon - a bag of Frito Lays. It worked like magic. She's a smart pup, but I won that round. We made it back safe and sound, just a little wet and muddy. Here are a few pictures from the trip.

photolarge2_zpsf62d9a1c.jpg

photolarge24_zps45fc0a3e.jpg

photolarge25_zps4605fa01.jpg

photolarge10_zps3d6a1d6f.jpg

photolarge4_zps5dfab1c5.jpg

photolarge8_zps46bab946.jpg

photolarge20_zpsa394c615.jpg

photolarge22_zpsb4c81b58.jpg

photolarge12_zps4749a1c4.jpg

photolarge18_zpsf7a69677.jpg

More photos at: http://www.experience-az.com/images/galleries/cherryspringsrain/cherryspringsrain.html

Video at:

Trail info at: http://www.experience-az.com/adventures/4wd/fr4432/fr4432.html

Very nice, we like to go look at the waterfalls or pouroffs in our area during or just after a rainstorm too. Nice pics.