Sign in to follow this  
dbell

Dom's new hunting rig!

Hello all, Finally getting around to posting a pic of the new ride. Nothing you guys haven't seen, but I'm excited to share. Bought a few weeks ago with 81K on the odometer. Right away tore into the dash to replace the heater core (what a pain in the a$$). As every one says, not hard, just time consuming. All seems to be well now. Then finally received my 4"IRO critical path kit. Got it slapped on over Christmas. It was my first time doing a lift so I was a little nervous. Finished it on friday night so there wasn't alignment shop open during the weekend so I just had to look at it, kinda a bummer. Anyway got it out of the alignment shop today and did a quick test drive. Rides smooth, it does however rub at full turn. Going to get some spacers to hopefully help that. So here's the before/after. Like I said, nothing you guys haven't seen before, but it's mine and i'm happy. Thanks to those who gave me advice!

-Dom

20141223_090734.thumb.jpg.921a99cae2ab24a13063e7db97be1485.jpg

416120850_20141226_170527(2).thumb.jpg.9c7039d0a452194b633edaf0e05cf680.jpg

Looks sweet! I've always loved the WJs.

What a beaut! Spacers? How about a little trimming? I know there's write-ups on here about that? Looking good though, hope to see you out on the trails sometime!

Looking good!

very nice, i dig the JK wheels!

a couple suggestions:

- be sure to re-torque all the lift bolts after a few days

- consider re-locating the washer fluid reservoir depending on how much you intend to really flex out offroad. it can get ripped out when the larger tire grab it. if you aren't running disconnects on the front then probably not an issue even. search for the "WJ ZJ washer bottle relocation" for an easy solution.

- the front/rear bumpers trim very easily with metal shears (if you are rubbing there). i totally understand not wanting to get into trimming sheet metal with such a clean new rig!

Thanks guys and gals. DZ, to be honest i'm a little scared to trim just yet (not going to lie). And Kris, i have already been looking at the windsheild reservoir relocation thing. Do you guys even think spacers will buy me much as far as rubbing goes? I want to get some anyway just to give me a little wider stance, stability wise. Let me know. And thanks again for the positive influence.

Wheel spacers will cure rubbing on control arms in the front and shocks in the rear. However, spacers create rubbing in other areas such as the washer bottle, foglights, bumper covers, inner fender liners, etc... WJs have small wheel wells so, some trimming will be necessary.

Ok thanks Chris, good to know.

nice to see another lifted wj. What tire size are you running?

255/75/17