Sign in to follow this  
theksmith

14-Year Quest to Photograph the World's Oldest Trees

NWTrees07.jpg

For the past 14 years, San Francisco-based photographer Beth Moon has journeyed to almost every continent in a quest to document some of the world's biggest, oldest, and rarest trees. Using the criteria of immense size, great age, and notable history to select her subjects, Moon tracks down magnificent trees located beyond the reaches of civilization on mountainsides, private estates, and protected lands. In her beautiful new book titled Ancient Trees: Portraits of Time, the photographer reveals the staggering beauty of baobabs, sequoias, yews, and other ancient trees that have stood the test of time.

Read the full article and see more photos here: http://www.mymodernmet.com/profiles/blogs/beth-moon-ancient-trees-portraits-of-time

TW02.jpg

Amazing!

Major cool!! Not only awesome trees, but awesome photography as well!

smiles, ladybug

I read Patriarch Tree, a bristlecone pine located in Grand Teton National Park, is the oldest single living organism on earth at 5,064 years old:

patriarch_tree.jpg

Trees are awesome. They provide shade for my vehicles on a hot summer day and clonal's can live for 80,000+ years fed from the same root system like these quaking aspens near Fish Lake, Utah

800px-FallPando02.jpg

Now i want to go hug the giant palo verde in my front yard.