Sign in to follow this  
matt@expaz

Arivaca Adventure

We went out a few weekends ago to find some treasure, but we got ambushed by three Russian tanks!

photolarge34_zpseec2ae97.jpg

photolarge22_zpsd8712a1a.jpg

We fought them off and decided to take the booty home :-)

photolarge32_zpsff23a8ea.jpg

photolarge20_zps0ae20827.jpg

But, alas they exceeded my Jeep's towing capacity and we left them right where we found them. Who knows, you may also do battle with them during your own adventure in the Arizona desert!

After defeating the tanks, we looked for the buried silver that John Poston (brother of the "father of Arizona) was murdered for.

photolarge70_zps339ea8f5.jpg

We never found it (or at least that's what I'm telling everyone) and we went to look for more riches in the Good Enough Mine.

photolarge7_zps90f21201.jpg

photolarge2_zps6d3fe125.jpg

The Good Enough Mine is an abandoned gold mine, but we only found bats, dirt, rocks and some very dangerous old wooden chutes, so we went to the Las Guijas ghost town and mill site.

photolarge53_zpsd06a3e95.jpg

photolarge49_zpsf9de95e2.jpg

All we found at the town site were the remains of a mill, some building foundations, a beach and lunch. Still not any richer we went old school and found a really old mill site and arrastra.

photolarge66_zps5e441689.jpg

photolarge69_zps559bbd6b.jpg

There we found riches beyond our wildest dreams - Arizona beauty with good friends to help enjoy it!

Here's a link to this adventure (includes some history, maps, GPS coordinates, videos, and 3 photo galleries) if you choose to have one yourself: http://experience-az.com/adventures/4wd/arivacaadventure/arivacaadventure.html

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!