Sign in to follow this  
dzJeepChic

Amethyst Mine January 2015 Picture Thread

We had a great time yesterday rock hounding at an old abandoned amethyst mine in Florence Junction; a great turn-out of fun loving people. Here are a few pictures from the day. Please post the pictures you took in this thread - especially of the treasures you brought home!!!

Large group!

DSCN7948.JPG

Lots of FJ traffic!

DSCN7950.JPG

DSCN7954.JPG

Almost there...

DSCN7958.JPG

The Buck and his family, hoping somebody got a better picture than this.

DSCN7960.JPG

Up on the ridge.

DSCN7981.JPG

Searching for treasures.

DSCN7984.JPG

DSCN7985.JPG

All of my pics here: Diane's Pictures

We had so much fun with everyone yesterday. Thanks to ORP for leading this and for ladybug for bringing us out a beautiful trail to Superior.

Link to highlight album: https://picasaweb.google.com/110968346826086888564/20150117FlorenceHighlights?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCPzA9e6epJnM8gE&feat=directlink

Link to full album: https://picasaweb.google.com/110968346826086888564/20150117Florence?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCNb35cidpJqzwgE&feat=directlink

Beautiful day for rock-hounding:

IMGP4178.JPG

A nice size herd of deer watched us from across the Ajax wash:

IMGP4216.JPG

IMGP4247.JPG

Lots of good finds today, amethyst, Apache tears, and some fossils, and other unidentified rocks. My rocks are soaking and I will get pics of those up later on the rock-hounding thread.

IMGP4238.JPG

For the station wagon portion of the club we had WJ only parking at the top of Ajax mine:

IMGP4261.JPG

View looking over towards Superior, AZ and Picket Post Mountain:

IMGP4291.JPG

As we made our way to Superior we came across two women hikers who said their friend ran out of water and was going to search for a "spring". In typical ORP fashion a bunch of the ORP members gave multiple water bottles and made sure they were okay. They had a day and half left of hiking and I sure hope this helped them make it.

My favorite shot of the run. Finishing up in Superior, AZ

DSCN6867.JPG

Great pics!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

What a great and fun day! And thanks to all who had the patience to follow me out yesterday!!

smiles, ladybug

Cool pics so far… Was a fun day with good folks… ;)

I have been busy, and just now had a chance to look at the pics of this trip. It looks like everyone had a great time. And found lots of precious stones.

We went to a flea market here in Mesa, last Sunday, and a guy there had some Apache teardrops. I haven't seen them before, but they are really cool.

We also had a chance to take the loop up on Montana Mountain, another fun trail.

So we are heading back home tomorrow, I just wanted to thank everyone once again, for the holiday party, it was such a great time.