Sign in to follow this  
matt@expaz

Coches Well Rock Ruins

Here's some pictures of the rock ruins at Coches Well. This is a very interesting and unique rock structure. First thing you'll notice is that it is almost entirely built with flat rocks and mud. The rocks are flush on the interior of the building, but not the outside, which makes sense. Another unique aspect is the incorporation of trees in the walls. Portions of the tree trunks were built into the walls. There doesn't appear to be a structural reason for this and it seems it would have been more of a hassle to build around it than remove the tree (as they obviously had to do on the interior of the building). The surrounding area is thick with these trees and the ruins are hard to spot until you get very close to them. The building had a sloped roof and you can see the rock walls were also sloped. It was a two room building, with one room twice the size of the other. The larger room's exterior wall does not line up with the smaller room's exterior wall. It also has what appears to be a large opening in it, making me think it was the large room was a stable for horses or other animals, while the smaller room was the living quarters. I am currently trying to get any information and history I can on this.

cocheswellruins%201_zpslsllhtk9.jpg

cocheswellruins%207_zps6eykdldl.jpg

cocheswellruins%203_zpsa8g0vppx.jpg

cocheswellruins%202_zpsvnybmnhd.jpg

For more photos see: http://experience-az.com/images/galleries/cocheswellruins/cocheswellruins.html

Great pics! I really like the black and white. Thanks for sharing them.

Amazing....Really nice pic's & also like the B/W....Al