Sign in to follow this  
dzJeepChic

Tentsile Tree Tents - the Treehouse of tents?

I happened upon a facebook ad for these new tents which may be elevated off the ground by tying them off to nearby trees. I'm not sure I would want to sleep in one, I guess I'd have to check it out in person to know for sure. It might be a while though since we so seldom camp in a forest. You do you guys think? Is it a good idea or not?

"Tentsile Tree Tents were concieved as the tree house you can take anywhere. They offer an innovatie and fun way for you, your friends and family to experience the outdoors without being concerned about variable ground conditions, wetness and those ground critters that go bump in the night."

brandcontentwidget_tentsile_about-tentsile.jpg

From Backcountry.com facebook page: "Think of the Tentsile tents as less of a tent and more of a portable tree house for you and your friends. These arboreal dwellings come equipped to lift you and your camping mates up off the ground for a comfortable night's sleep spent suspended from the trees. Secured through three 2.5 ton webbing straps and three ratcheting buckles, these tents can be easily set up at your favorite forested hamlet for a truly unique camping experience."

11016073_10150489739444987_4817128941741391825_n.jpg?oh=3f36c1c43866f0ccc4d3642efc34f801&oe=5572683A

Find them on Backcountry.com: http://www.backcountry.com/tentsile?cmp_id=sm_tentsile1

How do you get IN (or out) it if it's suspended from trees? Tarzan anyone?

Nonetheless, they look cool.

Kind of a cross between a hamock and a tent cot.

i've heard of using a hammock with a tarp shelter over them as a "tent", but had not seen these things that take it up a notch!

i guess if you were backpacking somewhere with lions, crocs, etc - you'd be happy to have such a thing. otherwise it looks like a PITA to me!

IMG_1506.jpg

If you're really close with your buddies, ratchet up to three tow points!

That looks like a solution without a problem.

Not to reveal my age...but these are takeoffs of the World War II jungle hammocks.

Bernie

Definitely would want that if the campground i was trying to sleep on had these:

gs-fire-ants07_t460.jpg

These would have the same problem as a roof top tent, if your like me and have to get up in the middle of the night to use the facilities.

most of the places ive been to theres not many trees