Sign in to follow this  
ob1jeeper

Ejs - 2015

As EJS 2015 draws to a close, I sit here with lots of pics to sort thru, and the knowledge that tomorrow will be filled with the drive homeward.

It's been both a fun and tiring week, but I can't imagine it being any other way… Will post up some pics of the sights and vehicles, once home and I have the chance to sort thru them… ;)

I (for one) cannot wait to see them! You kids have a safe drive home!

It seems some of my pics did not turn out as well as I had hoped… Sigh… Anyway, here are a few that were at least "OK". I know Karen got many many more than I, and perhaps she'll chime in with some better ones…

First up. The car that stole nearly everyones heart… (Including mine of course)

IMG_2419.jpg

And YES, the rear doors are somewhat functional, lacking only the outer latch handles, requiring one to reach inside to open the rear doors from the outside. Not a biggie, as there is no sideglass in this concept anyway…:P

IMG_2423.jpg

IMG_2424.jpg

IMG_2425.jpg

IMG_2426.jpg

IMG_2427.jpg

IMG_2428.jpg

IMG_2431.jpg

IMG_2432.jpg

IMG_2434.jpg

IMG_2433.jpg

Here's the only other concept car, which held any interest for me, and was one which IMHO would be the easiest to get into production… The Africa…

IMG_2435.jpg

IMG_2437.jpg

IMG_2439.jpg

IMG_2438.jpg

FWIW: It is my humble opinion that NONE of the wrangler-based concepts shown @ EJS, will reach production, due to the fact that the plant the Wrangler is being built in, is running at full capacity, meaning that they are selling everything they can build, running 3 shifts/day, 7-days/week, and are slightly backlogged on orders as it is. To add another model, would add nothing to the bottom line (making $$'s for the shareholders), and in fact would hurt the bottom line. :o

On to the trails… We were joined by Jim G, for the two-vehicle caravan up to Moab, on Sunday the29th. Then on Monday, we ran to the Top of the World trail with friends.

IMG_1943.jpg

IMG_1904.jpg

What a view you get at the top…

IMG_1920.jpg

Returning from the trail, the views across Castle Valley are stunning to say the least.

IMG_1951.jpg

Tuesday we were blessed to run Metalmasher, with the folks @ Daystar, who were being expertly guided by none other than Nena Barlow. It was a large group of mid-40's, but the pace was better than I expected, considering the group size. Daystar's executive officer, Mark Turner shows he is not afraid of using thier show cars. This FC170 was their show-stopper @ the recent SEMA show in Vegas. For SEMA, it was dressed with tracks instead of std tire/wheel combo as shown here, which would have been totally out of place on the streets to & from the trails of Moab.

IMG_2001.jpg

Wednesday, we ran with friends to Elephant hill, and into the Canyonlands, visiting Devils Kitchen, Chesler Park, and the Confluence of the Green & Colorado rivers.

Going up Elephant Hill.

IMG_2071.jpg

The narrow slot on the way to Chesler Park.

IMG_2113.jpg

The pictographs in the Valley just before you get to the Devils Kitchen.

IMG_2128.jpg

Chesler Park

IMG_2137.jpg

And the hike to the narrow slots of Chelser Park area.

IMG_2138.jpg

IMG_2152.jpg

It was then on to the Confluence…

IMG_2169.jpg

Where of course some of the clowns came out to play…

IMG_2170.jpg

The far side of Elephant hill offers it's own brand of fun for the trip out of Canyonlands…

IMG_2187.jpg

However, Elephant hill was no match for Karen's "Gracie", and we soon caught up with the last of our group descending the final grade of Elephant Hill.

IMG_2197.jpg

Wednesday's run had us finally back in town around 9-9:30PM, and needless to say, after a full day we were worn out… So we took Thursday off to visit the Vendor show, and relax with friends.

Since we were planning on a return to AZ on Saturday, Friday we elected to go on a scenic and easy run with friends. We chose Onion Creek and Hideout canyon.

The view from atop the rim shortly after lunch.

IMG_2458.jpg

Somewhere along the way we came across fossilized dinosaur tracks.

IMG_2258.jpg

IMG_2256.jpg

Nice pictures, It looks like you guys had a great time. I stayed away for jeep week this year. I hate all the crowds. Maybe next year I won't work and stay home for it.

On Friday, Steve, Karen, Jim and I visited the Fisher Towers. I tried to take a group selfie, but my arms were too short. In the first selfie, Jim only got part of his head in the picture and in the second selfie, Steve's face was covered up.

6C483CA8-F437-42FF-98FD-7BB1298E93FC.jpg

A79345EB-85F6-4011-BA12-AEFF81BDD499.jpg

Great pictures you guys, thanks for sharing them with us!! Glad you had a good time.

After seeing interior photos of the jeep chief, i'm not as keen on it as i used to be:(

The green FC & the blue CJ on what looks to be 40's, however, awesome! Looks like great times were had.

After seeing interior photos of the jeep chief, i'm not as keen on it as i used to be:(

The green FC & the blue CJ on what looks to be 40's, however, awesome! Looks like great times were had.

I'm not overly fond of the "Fu-Fu" paisley prints on the seats and console either, however the rest of the car is first-rate, and one could easily run covers over the seats, etc… :P

The FC170 is indeed sweet, with the 5.7L Hemi, etc. etc. etc… :)

The Blue CJ with the aluminum tub, was Walker Evan's former rockcrawling competition vehicle. Now owned by a couple from Salt Lake City. Walker ran with us in Moab shortly after building it, as a test-&-tune week some years back. It still works very well… ;)

Nice pics. I agree with the crowd, the FC is spectacular and I wish my dad would have kept the one he had. It was pink by the way.