Sign in to follow this  
Offroad Passport

10/24/2015: Offroad Passport Mud Springs Trail Clean-up Sponsored by Extreme Terrain

XT-clean-trail_banner2.png

10/24/2015: Offroad Passport Mud Springs Trail Clean-up Sponsored by Extreme Terrain

Offroad Passport is the proud recipient of a ExtremeTerrain Clean Trail Grant! ExtremeTerrain strongly advocates for the responsible recreational use of off-road trails, and this is a great way to show your support too! We're doing a clean-up at Mud Springs Trail, focusing mainly on the staging area at the trail-head.

Water, snacks and lunch will be provided (thanks ExtremeTerrain!). To keep us on budget we're limiting the number of people helping to about 25, including Offroad Passport staff.

Lunch will be served after the work is done! Extreme Terrain is supplying the food and Offroad Passport is cooking up some hot dogs and hamburgers.

There will be a raffle after lunch! Everyone who comes out to help clean will receive a free raffle ticket!

Meet-up: 8:00 AM

TheKSmith will lead a convoy the location Saturday morning. If you plan on convoying please let us know so he can expect you.

Shell/Circle K on Shea Blvd & Monterey Dr., Fountain Hills, AZ (South side of Shea, West of Hwy 87). Map here: https://goo.gl/maps/d8dnQ

Additional Info:

Clean-up Location If you'd rather drive to the site on your own, from the intersection with Shea Blvd. (see map of meet up, above) take Hwy 87 (Beeline Highway) north to about 3/4 of a mile past mile marker 212. Make a right turn immediately after you cross the bridge at the bottom of the hill (highway sign that says Sycamore Creek). Cross the creek and follow the signs; we're hoping for a spot toward the right as you're going in.

Tonto National Forest Volunteer Group Guidelines:

We'll read the bulk of the items at the check-in area, but mostly it's all about safety, safety, safety!

[*] Keep hydrated throughout the day! (We'll have plenty of water and energy drinks available at the check-in area)

[*] Remember to eat to maintain blood sugar and electrolyte balance. (We'll have snacks available at the check-in area)

[*] Wear cool, protective clothing that provides UVA/UVB protection, including long sleeve shirt, long pants, full brimmed hat/helmet, and sunglasses. (*We balked a little at the long pants and sleeves part, so the coordinator said you can wear short sleeves and shorts, but if you get scratched you can't sue the National Forest).

[*] Wear proper PPE, eye protection and gloves.

[*] Wear boots or shoes that support the ankle to prevent rolling or injury.

Attending:

dzJeepchic & Number 7

TheKSmith

gcdaz - Meet at Shell

lofreqjeff

Reybie - Meet at Shell

t535 - Meet at Shell

Desert 4x4 - Meet at Shell

Lichen - Meet at Shell

Craigger - Meet at Shell

Gunner - Meet at Shell

Post to this thread with the number of people in your group to sign up

I'm in! (I hope)...

Where is mud springs?? Never heard of it.

Curly

Like to help out.

Where is mud springs?? Never heard of it.

Curly

North of Fountain Hills off Highway 87.

Sign me up please

Add us please, will put the boys to work ;)

Add me. Will probably be 5 total,in,the truck. Would a dump trailer help any?

Add me. Will probably be 5 total,in,the truck. Would a dump trailer help any?

As we get closer to this event I'll let you know about the trailer. Thanks for the offer!