Sign in to follow this  
Offroad Passport

10/24/2015: Offroad Passport Mud Springs Trail Clean-up Sponsored by Extreme Terrain

Please remove us from the list. House inspection!

What part of town?!

What part of town?!

Wesside

What part of town?!

Wesside

Peoria

Peoria

Nice, much closer than Tucson.

I'm afraid I'll have to bow out due to work. Have to cover for one out ill and one on leave. Sorry

I sadly won't be making it.... Hopefully next time..

If any more folks can spend half a day, please join us! We really need some more boots on the ground. We should be out of there by 1:00 PM including time for lunch. Who can resist a delicious grilled burger and hot dog by the one and only Number 7?

George and I visited the site today, and I'm happy to report that there's not a lot of trash that we'll need to contend with. It should be an easy day of cleaning and we should also have wonderful cool weather!

When you arrive at the site we're going to ask you to sign-in because Tonto National Forest is getting credit for us as a volunteer group. We're also going to go over a few do's and don'ts before you get started, just to keep everyone safe. We'll be handing out trash bags, trash pickers, snacks, drinks, and RAFFLE TICKETS to you as you check in.

We're cleaning a limited area, so we'll coordinate teams on site. We'll have a trash trailer on site to gather the full bags.

Please remember to bring:

Work Gloves
  • Wear closed shoes or boots
  • Sun protection (hats, sleeves, pants, sunscreen)
  • Eye protection
  • NOTE: Tonto National Forest told us that all firearms must be secured inside your vehicle, the MAY NOT BE CARRIED with you.
  • Another NOTE: If you're under 18, we'll need a signature from your parental or guardian unit.
  • Your appetite! We're bringing water, soft drinks, snacks and a delicious hot lunch for you!
  • A great attitude! Let's have fun out there - we're doing a good thing, and I'll be taking pictures of all your sunny smiles as you help us in our effort to promote shared use of our public land. :)

We're really looking forward to seeing everyone out there!

I have to travel this weekend, and will not be able to make this event. Apologies!

Kevin

So, there's a big chance I can make it now. Question, will there be tight areas we have to drive through for the clean up?