Sign in to follow this  
JeepUniq

Good and cheap regear shop?

X2 for azdiff. I love those guys.

I heard that every once in a while Desert Rat has a special, 500 per axle to regear.

Good info here. Looking to have my Sierra gears swapped soon...

I had 4 Wheel Supply put in 4.56 gears for 1000.00. Very Quick turn around and very happy with the work

I had 4 Wheel Supply put in 4.56 gears for 1000.00. Very Quick turn around and very happy with the work

I know this was a while ago, so I'm reviving this a bit. Was that parts and everything, both sets?

So you know that I have a 2008 Toyota FJ Auto - FJ OEM 3.77 to 4.56 (Nitro Gears), so of course we have different vehicles. I am happy with the change. So much better on hills now. You will be happy. With 35's have you consider 4.88?

If I was to do it again:

1). I would have gone to a specialty shop such as AZdifferential.com.

2). Only purchase your gears through the installer for warranty purposes. If you buy directly from the manufacturer or online, your warranty may be at risk. They could blame it on your installer. Who's to know if it was an installer error or manufacture issue.

Idea for labor $. Not sure why it would be much different.

I bought my Toyota 4.56 gears from justdifferentials.com (Cashmere, WA) for the front and rear gear/bearing package = $ 1189.00. (ordered online).

Installation : $425/axle. Very reputable and terrific 4X4 shop.

I did have a rear pinion bearing issue 6 months later. My dime, because not warrantied per Nitro manufacturer.