Sign in to follow this  
scottL

Cobra foe

purchased: january 9, 2010

did you return it and get a replacement?

People either love that CB or hate it. Curious what is wrong with it? What antenna were you using with it? Of the people that love it, I usually find they didn't like the speaker and added an external speaker.

P.S. I'll give you $10 for it.

his wires where they entered the handset were all pulled half loose (inside the cord strain relief area)... it would work if he wiggles the cord there sometimes... it's almost like someone had yanked the crap out of it, i'm wondering if he got a returned one that someone beat up (came from Fry's electronics).

Something is wrong with my Cobra also. We can try to use the parts from the two and build a good one. George:cool:

i replaced it.

luckily Fry's agreed to a free exchange under the 30 day rule. i just bought it in january. the manager had the full Rollie Fingers mustache! anyway, i grabbed one of those spring action antenna bases too for the nasty tree branches i keep running into.

also got the gps mounted up with the battery assist cable purchased from Sportsman's on 27th & union hills. it tucked away somewhat neatly behind the console trim piece considering i did it myself. i can still remove the unit if i need to get to the batteries as well.

i just need a cb buddy to test out my replacement. what's your 20? just kidding

Come on over. I'm near Union Hills and 40th St. I'm usually home after 5pm week nights.

Looks good Scott. Looks like I have shoot my Cobra. George:cool:

I'm happy to help too, I'm off I-17 and Pinnacle Peak. If you want to test let me know and we can set up a time.

thank you!:D:cool:

i'll let you know how it turns out. hopefully i won't be "cb challenged" for too much longer