Sign in to follow this  
ob1jeeper

OB1's 5th Wheel

Thanks for the kind words. We are indeed looking forward to using it now… :)

And to Johnpa: On the subject of reservations required, yes indeed… :P

I forgot to mention that during our trip to Hualapai, I also noted that one of the front axle tires were wearing in a manner consistent with incorrect camber. Upon closer inspection, I discovered a slight bend to the axle. I also again noted that not all the wheels were of the same paint scheme, with two of them being newer than the rest. Both of these things are consistent with the trailer having been run over a curb or similar type of rather dramatic event.

While I am the 2nd owner, and the original owner denies ever having experienced such an event, the damages noted tell a different story, and I suspect that these two things together with the deformation in the pinbox bearing plate which I had previously repaired in order to properly fit the goosneck adapter, are related.

No worries, Arizona Axle, in Glendale, with whom I've done trailer axle business with for many years, was able to straighten the axle at a reasonable cost, and all is once again as it should be. ;)

Nice work! Just think, next year this ramp will have one of those mobility scooters parked there instead of a motorcycle. :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=2819&d=1438666790

Nice work! Just think, next year this ramp will have one of those mobility scooters parked there instead of a motorcycle. :D

Hey now… Mr Curly… Don't you be Jinxing me… :eek: OR yourself… :P;)

Amazing as usual bud, can't wait to check it out in person.