Sign in to follow this  
4x4Ham.com

2015 Titan Missile Museum Trip

This event is cross-posted from our sister club 4x4 Ham.

Note that only the first post from the original thread is shown. Click here for the full thread...

----------------------------

Join us the second Saturday in November for our annual trip to the Titan Missile Museum in Sahuarita, AZ. Each year 4x4 Ham holds a fall get-together at the base of the 80-foot tall discone antenna that is part of the a Cold War Titan missile complex located south of Tucson, AZ. The antenna is still serviceable, thanks to the efforts of the Green Valley Amateur Radio Club, and available for amateur use. In addition to working the antenna for the day, many folks participate in one of the guided tours of the missile site put on by Museum volunteers.

This year, I'm organizing the trip from outside the Phoenix metro area. If anyone in the Phoenix area wants to put together a caravan to travel down, feel free to do so in this forum post. I'll be making the drive from the Alamogordo, NM area if anyone from the Borderlands wants to caravan. Otherwise, make your own way to Sahuarita, AZ by 9:00am Arizona time and we'll meet up in the parking lot at the base of the antenna near the coax connection. We should have radios running throughout the day until around 1600. Bring drinks/snacks and any radios you might want to try to hook up to the antenna, as we'll have ample opportunity to put various radios and modes on the air throughout the day.

WHAT: Titan Missile Museum Activation

WHEN: Saturday, November 14th, 2015 from 9am to 5pm.

WHERE: Titan Missile Museum, 1850 W Duval Mine Rd, Sahuarita, AZ

Hope to see you there!