Sign in to follow this  
4x4Ham.com

Flat Tire Trail and Ghost Town at Tip Top Silver Mine - Table Mesa Area

This event is cross-posted from our sister club 4x4 Ham.

Note that only the first post from the original thread is shown. Click here for the full thread...

----------------------------

Meetup: 9:30 AM 4-Son's Convenience Store, at the intersection of the I-17 and Carefree Highway. (East of the 17 & North side of the Carefree Hwy).

Talk in: Simplex - 147.520 Repeater - Shaw Butte 147.240 + offset 162.2 Tone

Air down/up will be at the same spot on the west side of the Table Mesa exit off of the I-17, so this is RZR/ATV friendly.

Many moons ago a novice off-roader traveled The Table Mesa area for the first time with aired down, street friendly tires. The newbie eagerly followed the experienced lead 4x4 down a trail that "looked like a lot of fun" and promptly tore open a side wall on the first hill. This trail forever became known (at least to him) as "The Flat Tire Trail", know to have been traveled at least once by "The Most Interesting Man in the World". A fun, narrow, hilly and tippy trail, Flat Tire is a nice, short detour on the way to Tip Top Silver Mine.

Tip Top is a typical Arizona Ghost Town complete with dilapidated buildings and remnants of a silver mine. At it's peak, Tip Top had 500 residents, it's own post office and was one of Arizona's largest towns at the time.

Expect a relaxed day with stock friendly trails with a lunch stop planned in Tip Top (BYOL).

Hope to see you there!