Sign in to follow this  
Goose

My New (2 Wheel Human Power) Ride

Here's my latest addition to the garage. It's a 2015 Salsa Bucksaw full suspension fatbike that I bought on closeout. The funny thing is that I tried to buy this bike a year ago when it first came out for full price, but the demand was higher than supply, so I couldn't get one. When the local bike shop finally got one in I had already bought a different bike so wasn't interested. Six months later they put it on clearance sale (30% off) and I couldn't resist.

The fat tires are pretty cool. At high pressure (12+ psi) they roll as well as the regular mountain bike tires, and I can air them down (as low as 5 psi) to ride on sand, snow, or to just smooth out the rocks. Of course at 5 psi it feels like you're riding through molasses. The bad thing about the fat tires is that they weigh more, but hey, I'm out there for the exercise anyway.

IMG_20151030_164933307.thumb.jpg.d7b724a3b7d3060a5758c92401ae497b.jpg

Very nice! The 30% off makes it a really sweet deal. Was that the only one that they had on sale?

Very nice! The 30% off makes it a really sweet deal. Was that the only one that they had on sale?

It was the only one at the shop I got it from; DNA Cycles on Power Rd. But DNA Cycles has another store in Scottsdale. So that store may have one.

http://dnacycles.com/

Future coat-rack.

looks like a sweet ride there Goose!

It was the only one at the shop I got it from; DNA Cycles on Power Rd. But DNA Cycles has another store in Scottsdale. So that store may have one.

http://dnacycles.com/

Thanks for the info

Jim

Oh, and I completely forgot about Expedition Portal's review of the Bucksaw from last year when the bike was first released. They seemed to be quite impressed. This was one of the reviews that made me want to get the bike. There are a few phrases in the review that are technical mountain biker jargon, but I think you'll get the gist of it. Full susser is short for full suspension (front and rear wheel have suspension) as opposed to hard tail (no rear suspension) or rigid bike (no suspension at all).

Enjoy!

http://expeditionportal.com/salsa-bucksaw/

The "full susser" above got me thinking about the mountain bike lingo that's sometimes pretty hilarious. Take, for instance, "baby heads". Anyone want to guess what those are? :confused: