Sign in to follow this  
theksmith

2016-01-31 (this Sunday): Moderate Exploratory run near Mayer, AZ - anyone interested?

short notice but i want to further explore a trail system south of Mayer, AZ this Sunday. we'd come out on I-17 somewhere near the bloody basin or bumblebee exits in the afternoon depending on how things work out. is anyone interested in coming along?

from the portions of the trail i've done so far i'm going to rate this trip moderate. one of the trails does have a few yards of "crawling" - i.e. skid plates, rock rails, 33" tires and a small lift would be good. really not sure what else we'd encounter, but not looking for any body damage or to get into anything dangerous.

there are some remnants of an old railroad bed above a canyon, and there looked like there might be a few pieces of a water station for it left, also could find some mines. the scenery and trail terrain is very diverse and interesting.

limiting to 5 rigs max since we'll likely do some dead-end spur trails and have to turn around at unknown points.

CB Channel 4, Ham Simplex 146.46 - bring lunch, snacks, water, jackets & hiking shoes!

meet at the Circle K in Mayer (https://goo.gl/maps/FiaQzSTwGTM2) - 10 am.

Attending:

1. theksmith

2. gearhead

3. Number7 & DzJeepChic

4. t535

please sign me up.....thanks! 10 am sounds good......

Sign us up please!

sweet, got you both! we'll go ahead and set the meeting time at 10am then. be sure to bring a lunch & plenty of water.

We'd like to go.

cool - is Ricky-Bobby ready to play?

the weather for Mayer on Sunday shows a high of 57*! everyone please bring yours jackets and hiking shoes.

Count on me if space available

Count on me if space available

gotcha!

cool - is Ricky-Bobby ready to play?

Yepper! Skid plates are going back on tomorrow. :cool: