Jump to content
theksmith

Late to the Party: theksmith's 2016 JK Unlimited Rubicon (Gadget)

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Trail Toy said:

Been thinking about getting something like this for my rig but like you I don't want it to be loud and annoying.  Awesome gift!

 

that Hooker Blackheart does also work on the 3.8L JK/JKU. i'd considered the Pacesetter too as another high-clearance model in the sub $300 range. 

 

FYI, i specifically got an axle-back instead of cat-back because in comparison clips it seemed that removing the resonator not only made it louder, but also raspy - which was not what i was after.

 

 

this video compares the sounds of over 60 exhausts for the JK:

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flexy is sexy!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we scouted a new-to-us trail the other day for a potential future run near town. thanks @scottL for getting these shots of Gadget:

 

ACtC-3f54xLpKENYdoo1aiRDjCLtwW4wjI8P8SRk

 

ACtC-3en-xbEs9rbo6nee0S0knn3QD2gZDhE1LUi

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 11/22/2020 at 2:17 PM, theksmith said:

my goal this weekend was to replace the leaky oil cooler, change the spark plugs, and replace the PCV valve. here's the parts:

 

@theksmithWhat part numbers did you use for the PCV valve, plugs and gaskets? In my research I have come across a couple different ones for my 2012 and want make sure I get the right ones when it comes time to have that work done.

Edited by shellback91

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2021 at 11:06 AM, shellback91 said:

@theksmithWhat part numbers did you use for the PCV valve, plugs and gaskets? In my research I have come across a couple different ones for my 2012 and want make sure I get the right ones when it comes time to have that work done.

 

sorry i took so long, i read your post on my phone then forgot to ever come back and reply when on my computer with the info handy...

 

for the 3.6L JK (2012 - 2018):

 

 

plug gap is 0.043"

torque on the plugs is 13 lb/ft

 

be sure to double-check the gap on the new plugs. i got actual Mopar ones from a local dealer since it was a last minute repair, and one was way off.

 

also, there's a whole religious internet debate about whether to use anti-seize on modern plugs or not. this article has way more on that than you ever really wanted to know!

 

Edited by theksmith
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, theksmith said:

 

sorry i took so long, i read your post on my phone then forgot to ever come back and reply when on my computer with the info handy...

 

for the 3.6L JK (2012 - 2018):

 

 

plug gap is 0.043"

torque on the plugs is 13 lb/ft

 

be sure to double-check the gap on the new plugs. i got actual Mopar ones from a local dealer since it was a last minute repair, and one was way off.

 

also, there's a whole religious internet debate about whether to use anti-seize on modern plugs or not. this article has way more on that than you ever really wanted to know!

 

No worries on the response time. I am in no hurry, just planning out my maintenance for later this year. I am about 7k miles from plugs needing replaced so I am thinking of getting the PCV valve done then since it will already be taken apart. Do you have the PCV part number available?  The oil cooler is brand new so I am good there but will save the part number just in case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, shellback91 said:

No worries on the response time. I am in no hurry, just planning out my maintenance for later this year. I am about 7k miles from plugs needing replaced so I am thinking of getting the PCV valve done then since it will already be taken apart. Do you have the PCV part number available?  The oil cooler is brand new so I am good there but will save the part number just in case.

 

it's Mopar part # 68083202AC and i still haven't replaced mine - tried, but couldn't get the bottom screw out. i was told i could probably get to it if i remove the entire battery tray.

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...