theksmith

Late to the Party: theksmith's 2016 JK Unlimited Rubicon (Gadget)

That's exactly what mine is doing. I know there are two actuators behind the glove box & that's where my "clicking" is coming from. Can put my hand on the one that is left of glove door, make it click but don't feel anything. So guessing it's the one up behind the speaker which i can't reach. Jeep going to Joe's this week for suspected head gasket, will let him sort it out.  Al

On 1/18/2021 at 9:33 AM, mynr1 said:

That's exactly what mine is doing. I know there are two actuators behind the glove box & that's where my "clicking" is coming from. Can put my hand on the one that is left of glove door, make it click but don't feel anything. So guessing it's the one up behind the speaker which i can't reach. Jeep going to Joe's this week for suspected head gasket, will let him sort it out.  Al

oh man - sorry to hear you might have a major issue Al!

what are the symptoms? are you losing coolant, over-heating, white smoke, check-engine light?

commercial real estate cre GIF by thebrokerlist

Edited by dzJeepChic

i've had a love-hate relationship with my front camera... love the idea, especially when leading a trail that's new to me. but, so far it's been disappointing in real-world use.

i realized the problem might be that i've got it mounted so low that there's very little perspective on obstacles. everything was coming off as kind of "flat".

this was the previous camera and mounting spot, below my winch fairlead.

ACtC-3eA6O1KKm4W4XpVQvqvhz-NpD2hCiMZSKdP

i decided to try placing it higher, even though that would mess with the front aesthetic. 😱

to try and minimize the appearance, i switched to the smallest "bullet" style camera i could find with decent ratings.

ACtC-3dM6pkvR3_iBZ4yyPCbOkS5smpF5FpK4W35

it's not too obnoxious looking from afar.

ACtC-3f741ifJFkp96MKdYYuxyuWShnjZ8GjXrjP

however, it definitely has a lower resolution than the previous camera.

on a quick test, having it mounted higher does seem to help with judging distance and size of objects. i think i want to try a better quality camera though. i'll test it out more on this weekend's trip, so stay tuned.

ACtC-3ccTNhWIfFF6MmaivavFTuboIJ-Fl00um27

Edited by theksmith
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, theksmith said:

i decided to try placing it higher, even though that would mess with the front aesthetic. 😱

to try and minimize the appearance, i switched to the smallest "bullet" style camera i could find with decent ratings.

ACtC-3dM6pkvR3_iBZ4yyPCbOkS5smpF5FpK4W35

I've seen some people mount theirs behind the grill itself, cutting a slightly larger hole and adding a rubber grommet to clean up the look. 

Something like this little baby might snap into one of those grill holes and sit flush with a little widening. The camera angle looks adjustable.

Could be worse, it could be the size of the Gladiator trail cam! 😵

2020-jeep-gladiator-1-jpg.114674

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Kris sorry for the late reply. Tons of white smoke, overheated, stone cold radiator & no PSI but full, empty coolant recovery, coolant looked like a milk shake.

Oil stick looked clean, tranny looked OK . Definitely over heated & lost some coolant. Also suspect, water pump & thermostat. So looks like I have many options to look at for a diagnose to this problem.

So I'm throwing it into Joe's lap. Trailering jeep over to Joe's tomorrow with John's trailer. Will let you know what Joe finds. Thx  Al

• Sad 3

had an awesome adventure on a few trails around Mammoth, AZ this weekend! click here for all the trip photos...

ACtC-3eIydUSfXj92qIPImVxChjBMOHBcgTZH7af

ACtC-3e6oOF_NWHhQEMqWxagc8ZJg0Ke5GFncAW4

ACtC-3dY3l58C6FnLEHjBrFWtO1iK3FMuJTzIrk-

@johnpa was our lifestyle photographer for the weekend! ;)

ACtC-3ejkG8Ybc4NB8yA11m_oMZysMNzwTi3eDg_

ACtC-3fWBK8XkJygc__9nprD3r4X4OiVjCXEkTo1

and @4x4tographer got this cool shot of Gadget braving the sudden winter weather:

ACtC-3efVHx_yn2ATKkQ14h5XD7ziIogEVnyXmoF

• Like 2

i've been getting a ton of dust inside the rear cargo area. 

at first i thought the tailgate wasn't sealing at the edges correctly because i recently adjusted the latch and guide-plate...

ACtC-3fQ06CYp6e_5_PWC5OQ9lqMYjXwIC9irOBt

but it turned out to be the flapper vent doohickey behind the spare that lets cabin air pressure escape when you close a door.

every single flap had broken off and flown away!

ACtC-3fiyDIp5mbaLgjIZ6d06-QGhVuvozPcOGyE

that vent is called a "Bodyside Aperture Exhauster" - Mopar part number 5058636AD.

a new one came yesterday, just need to put it in still.

ACtC-3cayD_7JCGcNEyL3LFuJ3hkojfqIT2ntG_A

• Like 5

Nice find.  Same problem. Will be checking mine tomorrow!

Thanks Kris, ordered one today. Also, you know we were talking about the a pillar leak. On the way home from mammoth, my a pillar did not leak through some good down pours. Leaked only on the trail?

36 minutes ago, johnpa said:

Thanks Kris, ordered one today. Also, you know we were talking about the a pillar leak. On the way home from mammoth, my a pillar did not leak through some good down pours. Leaked only on the trail?

Maybe the airspeed was keeping the water from pooling in a certain spot?