theksmith

Late to the Party: theksmith's 2016 JK Unlimited Rubicon

well i had to drop Gadget off this morning at the dealer again for engine problems. she just rolled over to 77k miles last week and is just over 3 years old - very disappointing.

currently there's an intermittent MIL with a P0301 (cyl 1 misfire) code, a rough idle (you can feel it missing), and a clacking noise coming from the passenger side of the engine.

i have an aftermarket warranty/service-plan (MPP Platinum) that will hopefully take care of whatever the problem is. however, if it's top-end stuff again then i'm really wondering why it keeps happening.

Missing Lafawnda yet?

Missing Lafawnda yet?

haha, no... but we did ditch her expecting a new rig to be more reliable and require less constant maintenance. the JK has certainly been an improvement in many ways, but the engine isn't cooperating with the plan!

Time for a Hemi conversion :D

Time for a Hemi conversion :D

depending on if i keep her long term or not, that might be a real option since this 3.6L doesn't like me...

picked her up last night, the MVP warranty covered everything - they replaced 2 intake and 2 exhaust rocker arms and camshaft on the passenger side.

i also had them replace the plugs. they are supposedly 120k mile parts, but i've seen a few posts on facebook and other forums showing what they typically look like at 80k miles and it seems prudent to go ahead and change them around then.

My 2013 JKU same problem, same side. Covered under factory warranty, @ just over 30K. Now has 123K hoping for no more problems like that as I am waaayyyy out of warranty!

my SmartBar has gone dumb...