Sign in to follow this  
Curly

Do you want to see 23 million OHV acres closed?

There is a bill before Congress to close 23 million acres of land in Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington and Wyoming. Ironically, the bills sponsors are from Rhode Island. :confused: I'm attaching a link to a page with more info and a way to send an automatically generated letter to your Congressmen. I've used this site before, these folks do good work for the OHV and Motorcycle communities.

Send a letter today!! It takes 5 minutes!

https://cqrcengage.com/amacycle/app/write-a-letter?0&engagementId=220353#.V2ie9TnUZjA.facebook

curly

Done, thanks for posting this

Done. Mine went to Jeff Flake & John McCain, so I don't have much hope that any action will be taken if you know what I mean. The web site you are redirected to is the American Motorcycle Association. I was a member there years ago, they're a good group. The work closely with the Blue Ribbon Coalition much of the time.

Done. Mine went to Jeff Flake & John McCain, so I don't have much hope that any action will be taken if you know what I mean. The web site you are redirected to is the American Motorcycle Association. I was a member there years ago, they're a good group. The work closely with the Blue Ribbon Coalition much of the time.

Done. I agree with Diane's assessment above, both on the representatives it was sent to and on the AMA. It is better than doing nothing though.

Thanks for posting this.

Done. I agree on Flake and McCain. Both need to go IMHO.

Thanks for posting this Tim... Letters sent... Even if our representatives are out of touch with most of thier constituents... :(

My response from John McCain:

"Dear Mrs. Z:

Thank you for contacting me to share your views regarding our public lands. I appreciate hearing your concerns on this issue.

As you know, Arizona is home to some of the world's most beautiful natural scenery. Every year millions of tourists from around the world travel to my home state to marvel at the Grand Canyon or to enjoy our many hunting, fishing, and hiking opportunities. A great deal of outdoor recreation and economic development occurs on federal land, which generates many millions of dollars in economic activity and supports many thousands of jobs in Arizona each year.

In Arizona, the federal government owns over 40% of the land, including national parks, forests, and wildlife refuges. Unfortunately, the expanding size of the federal estate and the restrictive regulations that apply to using federal property can also work against economic growth as well as environmental stewardship. For example, federal laws that restrict the Forest Service from bringing a viable timber industry to Arizona has hurt our state’s efforts to actively and responsibly thin our overgrown forests to reduce wildfire risk. As a result, wildfires have consumed over 20% of our states pine forests since 2002.

I believe we must strike a balance between managing our public lands for multiple-use, including conservation, while giving local governments more authority to foster economic activity within their boundaries. Please be assured that I will keep your thoughts in mind when legislation affecting federal land is considered in the Senate.

Again, thank you for sharing your views. Please feel free to contact me on this or any other matter of concern."

There is a bill before Congress to close 23 million acres of land in Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington and Wyoming. Ironically, the bills sponsors are from Rhode Island. :confused: I'm attaching a link to a page with more info and a way to send an automatically generated letter to your Congressmen. I've used this site before, these folks do good work for the OHV and Motorcycle communities.

Send a letter today!! It takes 5 minutes!

https://cqrcengage.com/amacycle/app/write-a-letter?0&engagementId=220353#.V2ie9TnUZjA.facebook

curly

Done!!