Sign in to follow this  
dzJeepChic

4-Wheel Roll Over Accident Heart Attack Hill Anza Borrego Springs

Russ Chung posted this on another local forum. I just watched both You Tube videos. They're a good reminder of:

• How dangerous this sport can be
  • How using safety equipment and seat belts is so important
  • How good communications equipment is so important
  • How amazing public safety workers are

Just Wow d :rolleyes:

_________________________________________________________________________________________

This happened last week. The driver broke her back, but is expected to recover. If you look closely, it doesn't appear that the driver had her seat belt fastened.

If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk!

Thanks for the info......talk about scary!

I was thinking about this while I was out running errands, and I realized, this is exactly why I don't think I've graduated to doing 'dangerous' stuff. When I watched the video I saw exactly where she went wrong and what she should have done (she should have stayed driver more). I think you need to instinctively know what to do if you're going to do really hairy stuff, and I don't think I have developed instinct enough yet.

Did you notice that she's on the line other than the one our group took when we were there? She's on the line the Land Rover took right when we got there.

I might look like a chicken, but I'll always admit when I think I'm in over my head. d :rolleyes:

Amazing.. Honestly though, just from what I can see in the video it should have been pretty obvious there was a hill there.. When your jeep tips driver, you turn driver. Dosen't matter the situation.. you may still end up losing it, but turning passenger or in her case driving straight gives you no hope at all. But, like I always say.. I wasn't there, and I wasn't driving. :)

How fast it happen. One little mistake. How scary.

That's why I wouldn't watch those idiots go down after us D. I thought that's what they were going to do. I'm sure glad we had George spotting us and not that guy.

I was thinking about this while I was out running errands, and I realized, this is exactly why I don't think I've graduated to doing 'dangerous' stuff. When I watched the video I saw exactly where she went wrong and what she should have done (she should have stayed driver more). I think you need to instinctively know what to do if you're going to do really hairy stuff, and I don't think I have developed instinct enough yet.

Did you notice that she's on the line other than the one our group took when we were there? She's on the line the Land Rover took right when we got there.

I might look like a chicken, but I'll always admit when I think I'm in over my head. d :rolleyes:

This, except for the errands part, pretty well sums up my attitude about things like this. At the very outset she was not watching her spotter, at least she was not responding to his directions. His directions were "spotty" at times and it seemed to me that they had not worked together before....perhaps they had not agreed on hand signals. He did lose his balance and was not able to get her attention at the crucial time. She didn't respond to the jeep passenger rear lifting and continued straight. Why not stop? Why not turn driver? I know it is easy to critique these images and tell everyone what she should have done. That is exactly why we all should study these videos and examine just what went wrong. Those of you who know me realize that I am always willing to say....."I am not going to do that one." She was moving arms and legs afterward which is a very good sign. I suspect that a shoulder strap might have helped, but don't really know that. She may have had a seatbelt on, but we don't know that either. These things are for sure scary. Study the video, learn what not to do, sometimes starting with, "I am not going to do that one until I am older and wiser."

Wow, glad she is ok but that could have been A LOT worse. Things like this are the reason I bought my Jeep- it may be a little over kill for what I do, but I know it was built to take a beating.