Sign in to follow this  
theksmith

6/18/2010 - 6/20: Camping on Mogollon Rim (near Strawberry, AZ): Car/RV accessible

we are doing our own thing... but if some of you want to put together a pot luck that's totally fine!

aimee is going to make dump-cake to share with everyone for B's birthday... we still need another dutch oven, if no-one else has one then we just have to make several batches and people will have to wait their turn :)

Let me see if I can find my dutch oven and I will try to get it to Allen before I head to Alaska.

Let me see if I can find my dutch oven and I will try to get it to Allen before I head to Alaska.

Dude, that rocks! Have you ever had dump cake? I was afraid I'd have to start elbowing kids out of the way if there was only one dutch oven. [j/k] d :rolleyes:

Dude, that rocks! Have you ever had dump cake? I was afraid I'd have to start elbowing kids out of the way if there was only one dutch oven. [j/k] d :rolleyes:

lol, that would be a sight to see. Not a problem on using the oven, hopefully I will get a chance up there to taste the cake. I am still hoping to head up the hill after I fly back into town, I land around 8 am so by the time I get back to Queen Creek and head up I could be up there by early afternoon and may have some super fresh Alaskan salmon with me. Plus I may be picking up an '86 3/4 ton 4x4 Suburban to use as my tow rig for the Jeep/hunting and mild expedition rig, and this would be a great trip to take her out and see how she does.

appreciate it!

Updated the first post "Where" with GPS/Maps/Directions... however this is tentative, if Coconino NF starts fire restrictions before the 18th then we probably want to change locations. we can decide as a group the beginning of the week before we go. alternative location would still be within 2.5 hours of phoenix.

i went up yesterday and scouted out some of my favorite spots to get the gps coords. good news is it's very wet still, so hopefully no fire restrictions before we go (fingers crossed).

some pics from while i was there:

P1070056.JPG

P1070060.JPG

I'm in. Add me to the list.

It might be just me, or there could be up to 4 of us depending on schedules.

Looking forward to hiking to the railroad tunnel. :cool:

Kris, I would like to put "dibbs" on the campsite with the deer. Hopefully he likes Bud Light!

Thanks~!

wow, just looked at the big attendance list - this is going to be quite the camping trip/party! kewl!

You can change Sliders name from 'tentative' to 'confirmed.' He is going to come whether he likes it or not! :D

Hi - I'm trying to get a count on how many kids we have with us. Let me know if I am missing anyone...

Brady

RheAnna

Breckin

Keegan

Alex

Jack

Shaynea

Mason