Sign in to follow this  
HappyCampers

New 4x4 Camper Owner Looking for Trails & Campsites

Greetings! I just found this site while reading an article about the KOFA refuge in AZ. I just bought a new-to-me 4x4 Tiger RV and I'm looking for places to take it! So excited! While I can't do bouldering or anything difficult, a little off-road (more than a 2wd vehicle) is possible. Would love suggestions! (We live in Dallas, TX).

Happy Campers

Welcome. Are you in Texas now?

I'm going to the Kofa's next week. Easy trails, great scenery.

Curly

Hi there and :welcome:

If you are at the KOFA do go to Palm Canyon, and the KOFA Queen Canyon Road is worth your time too.

I am in TX now, but can't make it out to KOFA next week. (Office job ya know...) Thanks for all the KOFA info! It's on the 2017 list!

north of the KOFA area area a bunch of fairly easy trails near Bouse, AZ - just watch out for open vertical mineshafts there.

the Mogollon rim area on of my personal favorite spots in AZ, miles and miles of easy forest roads there along with plenty of shade, stunning cliff-edge views and a few small lakes.

enjoy your camper and let's see some photos!

Howdy there. Ever been to Eagle Mountain Lake? I love that lake. The biggest large mouth bass I've ever caught came out of there:cool: