Sign in to follow this  
dzJeepChic

3/4/2017: Looking for co-leader for Ajax Mine/Telegraph Line Road trip, Florence Junction

Hi everyone,

G & I are leading a trip for a Meet-Up group on March 4, 2017. We're meeting at the Cottonwood Canyon & Hwy. 79 staging area of Florence Junction at 9:30 AM, and taking the Ajax Mine Trail to Ajax Mine, stopping there for lunch, and then continue on Telegraph Line Road to Superior. Some of the group will most likely go to dinner at Los Hermanos in Superior.

I've told the group that they could do some mild rock-crawling on the way in Lower Ajax Wash if they would like. For that reason, I would like to have a co-leader, in their own vehicle, to keep the 'non-rock-crawlers' together, have them park (not blocking the trail) a few times in a few places where the road crosses the wash so they can watch the rock-crawling, and just helping me keep everybody together, spotting if needed, and communicate to me any issues, etc.

Let me know if you'd be up for helping me out.

Thanks!!

D :cool:

Unless someone more qualified wants to volunteer, I can help.

Unless someone more qualified wants to volunteer, I can help.

I think you're very qualified, and I appreciate you volunteering.

Let me check with Katie but I'd be happy to help. Last time we went out there I recorded the entire trip on my GPS and have been waiting for another chance to get out there.

Diane,

I am new to this forum, but not new to Jeeping. Jayne and I have been running these trails for years now and would be glad to help out in any way we can. This will give us a chance to meet new Jeepers! Ajax Telegraph

Steve

Is this trip open to ORP, or is it just the Meet-up group? I've been dying to take Katie on this trip - if Toyota's are allowed :)

Let me check with Katie but I'd be happy to help. Last time we went out there I recorded the entire trip on my GPS and have been waiting for another chance to get out there.

Diane,

I am new to this forum, but not new to Jeeping. Jayne and I have been running these trails for years now and would be glad to help out in any way we can. This will give us a chance to meet new Jeepers! Ajax Telegraph

Steve

Is this trip open to ORP, or is it just the Meet-up group? I've been dying to take Katie on this trip - if Toyota's are allowed :)

This is a meet up group that I volunteered for, and it is already full with a long wait list, so no, I can't open it to ORP. I have no problem taking a couple rigs from here to help me out, though. We'll obviously need to touch base as the day draws near, but I'm happy to accept Dan & Jeff's offers since they both reached out first. If it turns out either or both can't make then I'd appreciate the support, camprats.

I am going out this Saturday to prerun the wash portion of this trail. Is there anyone here that would like to do this?

G:cool:

I'll go. What time? Where?