Sign in to follow this  
DanJL

Advance Adaptor 4x4 cable replacement kit

I'm done installing the cable. This was one mod that I didn't enjoy - way too much work for changing a cable: dismantling 1/4 of the interior, dropping off the front drive shaft, tinkering with adjusting the cable ...

For anyone thinking of doing it for fear of ever getting stuck on the trail with a broken 4x4 cable:

- Unless the cable breaks while the TC is in neutral, the Jeep is still drivable (stuck in 2L or 4L or 4H). In other words, is not something that would get you stuck in the middle of nowhere.

- The lever for the TC is just above the front axle rear flange and it is reachable relatively easily (unless you have full armor)

So I did it, but if I knew it's so much work I might've taken my chances and only done it if my factory cable (or rather the eyelet clips) would've broken.

Lets hope it works.:)

G:cool:

After a full day off-roading I can say that indeed shifting in and out of 4x4Lo, the shifting is a bit more smooth. Not really buttery, but no longer a fight a wills between me and the lever. So if anyone experiences the same issue, you might want to do this upgrade as well. If your shifting is smooth (or acceptable to you), then don't.