Sign in to follow this  
theksmith

2/24/17: theksmith Birthday Night Run: Near Scottsdale, AZ: 4x4 Easy

uITQRZjlxzFTYcyTAHJ8HL3AxwwB3SlS84S-dvd5VbdPmr1eegWbSlS427c1qgsz7wK5RouX0sSPk6MJy14imu0KDs2SrKdYZ45rnHqNiFDuzh_CPkXVrni6tH9lkzzYR2nuIHjS3OfsUXwtW9dFVChGEUlNhMGsyLGTizefgbaa-f0nO_8LeEosBuZfu1tPFbSOaqJF-K8rIl42VEeRULQ7ffU-cnljBFtgx4u8k2al7q6pRnqjzWtDb9oy0pAsNUeNwBUi_il42PjxICYv1M-faIY0Aa294rvRRIvwcYyqovupddMb8LuUdrjNvO-p4wXAfPEkWULFyPJOHW4VZMNv3iwOGZO6tLQ6t8-04Z-ZO5KevSntMnQb0xS3x-Er4V2_ID-tD3oHyy84q8piVmv9PBCBRIhqNVawvW9xf-xLdHz0mQ0AppeOibQFGFqCs1PVakrD_sfyj-XqvKdZGtyH0w3rIIQPG7h27p0uJKQfa1YoQ-NPRQqfQXM_vnujp-ZzyXsk5VV8GAuiLUlWyy3q6QnO_i7xGQhLM4xZsxUnUA6X5WRm6XZCO293KwGUXM7X9RikxNWBeSG_thvndyADYc-HS6sQ0hMwvGb-07aZGmiXLvbvTQ6rwdQFwyjueM1Z1QSuMEutWTfln-fDZy9h3m1bPdeXUfupjC9qEQ=s800

birthday night run next Friday evening in and around Camp Creek Wash area (a 2 to 3 hour loop).

this will be an easy route overall but 4x4 low-range is required and you must ok with a narrow shelfy road in the dark! suitable for a stock 4x4 Wrangler, Tacoma, etc. there is one steep climb and one steep descent, no rock-crawling.

Meetup:

7PM on Friday 2/24/17 at the the large dirt parking area just south of Needle Rock, Click here for a map...

directions: (North of Scottsdale) from N Pima Rd, head east on E Dynamite Blvd, watch the speed cameras! Dynamite becomes E. Rio Verde Dr. which you take ALL the way till a "T" intersection with a stop sign. Turn left to head north on E Needlerock Rd. Just after the paved road becomes gravel, there will be a large parking area on the right where we will meet.

you can also get there by heading straight north from the Fountain Hills area, check the map link.

Required:

- high clearance truck/suv with a 4x4 "low" range

- mud terrain or aggressive all-terrain tires

- at least one solid mounted tow point (front or rear, a trailer hitch is acceptable)

- lights (this is a night run) ;)

- CB or ham is recommended but not required as long as you know how to keep up!

- vehicle and driver must meet all legal requirements (license, registration, seatbelts, etc.)

Other Info:

- CB channel 4, or ham simplex 146.46 Mhz

- bring a jacket, plenty of water, and snacks

Attending:

theksmith (leading)

Number7 & dzJeepChic

JeepUniq

ScottL

Just reply to this thread if you would like to sign up!

I'm in!

gotcha Dan!

the first post has been updated with the meetup and other details...

I'm in.

Well, since it's suitable for Tacomas, count me in! :cool:

I'm in.

Well, since it's suitable for Tacomas, count me in! :cool:

gotcha guys!

Well, I was afraid this would happen since this was a Friday night. I have to bail out on this run. We now have plans for dinner with friends on Friday evening. Have fun!

Well, I was afraid this would happen since this was a Friday night. I have to bail out on this run. We now have plans for dinner with friends on Friday evening. Have fun!

did you fail to reserve my birthday time with The Gander??

Oh my gosh! I took me a nano second to get it. And then I lol'd or whatever. hahahhaha!

Tonight was the only time we could find that we and our and friends could get together. Me and the Gander (mostly the Gander) are just too popular. :cool: