Sign in to follow this  
dzJeepChic

More Exciting News for dzJeepchic!

Last year I became involved with the Ladies Offroad Network after entering a contest to be Charlene Bower's Co-Driver at 1 of 3 events. Since then LON has grown exponentially, I am a 'Featured Lady' on the LON website, and even became a Brand Ambassador.

I'm very happy to announce that Offroad Passport is sending me to the inaugural Ladies Offroad Convention this August in Colorado Springs, CO! It's going to be 3 days of learning and fun with other women in the industry.

Friday we'll attend 4 seminars of our choice plus 1 mandatory one called "Offroading Style" covering safety, spotting, and pulling a winch line. Our choices will include: Recovery 101 & 202, Outdoor Photography, How To Back Up a Trailer, Racer Strategy, Offroad Marketing for Business and Racing, Vehicle Sympathy and Maintenance, Navigation 101, Offroad Business Round Table, Kids on the Trails, Cooking Outdoors, Overlanding 101, and more. Convention planners are urging us to take at least one seminar out of our comfort zone, and I'm thinking How to Back Up a Trailer might be on my agenda. :rolleyes:

On Saturday there are a bunch of adventures we can choose from, one of which particularly piques my interest: Cog-Train to top of Pikes Peak - Train down, Hike down or Bike down. Pikes Peak! Sign me up!!!

Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings we will have motivational and informational speakers who are all top women in the offroad industry. Oh, and there will be line-dancing lessons - fun!

Besides all the fun I know I'm going to have, the friendships I'm bound to make, and the networking opportunities, I hope to come home with some new knowledge and skills valuable in my role at Offroad Passport. Oh, and how to back up a trailer. :cool:

How it all started: the finalists in the 2016 Co-Driver Challenge:

Mdp9xng7GlP6Z44NP3_OQqjSddUTNcPRsCbTth-zJZw00SDNgECb6Co6eR_t7L5HrETmf3D69cpKM5JtsrNiCDkbFCalre-EwHafyjqpOMcISnx8Lc32cbxAYeSo4UGx-MPZLEL8bDbCRUDMgrsj2dNbCTRdDI4di5Y07F-FqfGPyaVAPTa6ibZNkG76i6H3z1jEnJp2ubC1IMx4ccPEurod5eDWhvExTHs1cyJqUqHdBw3TUKqoMX0wbLk6i03WukjMmDlVkz-G2A6nn3SdkbWbS4F9TfEkcr6MF1fEHeMKYloaVeNkCuUnwHQRd4urp_JL5ep7bKawGNY50uove1ZlOP5w_qXAY-PrKu54UKIzQm-t7T9aKlCxm3enXHh040uxCJ4u1bDaCsiSYElnnBTGwKBn2X0IfD7thEwKbSkbjsuLUuMDOaQ7ASH1BV0sJ9fMIVzCtajRzGO-f2FFg7CcivUH4y6w8BNEuXxYG6sN6CIJi2pLpDBCUW0VQO2ZlI0Tg0i3GZtWP0mrXyccvqKEoDLUmuokJCDAZTSQfg60PwNjFpKOZPYQwXR727hlv9MvH771WF4XaVtdTIrgcPxEuiYns0Y03JWQPoj6ewu1pxI_Yw=w1523-h857-no

Congrats. Have fun & learn lots! Sounds like a great weekend!

Cool beans "D". Enjoy the experience... ;)

That's great! Congratulations, and have fun!

Congrats Diane! Have Fun!

awesome Diane, congrats

Congratulations Diane! Eww, salad?:D Who is going to feed George while you're in CO?

Thanks everyone! It's very exciting!

Congratulations Diane! Eww, salad?:D Who is going to feed George while you're in CO?

Funny you would mention that, because George told me that salad is a stupid favorite food. So I told him he's stupid because a person can't help what their favorite food is. Meanwhile K said he figured it depends on what kind of salad, and while ALL salad is good in my opinion, if I had to choose I'd say Chinese chicken salad, which he said is a reasonable favorite food. I still don't get why that's a weird favorite food. It's the first thing I'm looking for when we get back from multi-day trips.

G knows how to eat on his own so he'll be fine while I'm in CO...

Congratulations Diane! Can't wait to hear about it when you get back - enjoy yourself and come back with a wealth of knowledge to share :)

Thanks everyone! It's very exciting!

Funny you would mention that, because George told me that salad is a stupid favorite food. So I told him he's stupid because a person can't help what their favorite food it. Meanwhile K said he figured it depends on what kind of salad, and while ALL salad is good in my opinion, if I had to choose I'd say Chinese chicken salad, which he said is a reasonable favorite food. I still don't get why that's a weird favorite food. It's the first thing I'm looking for when we get back from multi-day trips.

G knows how to eat on his own so he'll be fine while I'm in CO...

Too each their own! I love bbq ranch chicken salads from Cheesecake Factory but their salads are really more like a full course meal over a bed of lettuce.

Hope you have a wonderful time in Colorado.