Sign in to follow this  
dzJeepChic

Arizona peace trail

I found this article about the new Arizona Peace Trail, a recently opened new trail system that creates a giant loop here in AZ! Even though the article is from a UTV publication, this trail system is Jeep friendly. I think there's some fun exploring to be had...

ARIZONA PEACE TRAIL

RIDESPOT_SPREAD_12747905_10204543196814962_2034793162264620786_o-750x400@2x.jpg

West Virginia has the Hatfield-McCoy Trail System and Utah has the Paiute Trail. Now, Arizona enters the OHV-tourism movement with the Arizona Peace Trail (la paz means “peace” in Spanish). Several OHV clubs throughout western Arizona formed the Peace Trail Committee in 2014 to negotiate the difficulties of organizing and establishing a trail loop using existing dirt roads and trails. Working with city, county, state and federal governments and agencies, the Peace Trail Committee developed this new recreational opportunity complete with staging and camping areas along the 700-mile route to attract even more OHV enthusiasts to the state (see “Behind the Wheel” in this issue) while also protecting existing public access to area trails. The Arizona Peace Trail (AZPT) crosses Mohave, La Paz and Yuma Counties and links Havasu, Bullhead City, Kingman, Wikieup, Wayside, Salome, Dateland, Wellton, Yuma, Quartzsite and Bouse. Club and committee members did a shakedown run of the AZPT on a five-day, point-to-point UTV ride in January, and the Planet Ranch section of the APT opened on January 21st with a special ceremony. There are 10 historic and scenic points of interests along the route, and elevations vary from 170 to 7,070 feet, with miles and miles of trail through majestic saguaro cacti.

Full article here: UTV Action

Sounds like fun!

i checked out the tracks a bit, it's awesome that they have an "Open in Caltopo" button!

D - where did you read that these trails are ok for 4x4 rigs too? i'm wondering if all the spurs they have on the map are legal and wide enough for a Jeep...

i checked out the tracks a bit, it's awesome that they have an "Open in Caltopo" button!

D - where did you read that these trails are ok for 4x4 rigs too? i'm wondering if all the spurs they have on the map are legal and wide enough for a Jeep...

I didn't - still needs to be confirmed. But I deff want to find out all about this...

I've been on several sections of those trails, plenty wide for a jeep and I never saw any indication they were at only.

I tried to post the gps files for the trails but apparently I'm not smart enough. Lol. If some one that can do it will pm me an email address I will share it.

1 - you can also go here: http://www.arizonapeacetrail.org/TrailRes.html

2 - click on the "Open in Caltopo" link that is in blue (top right corner of the map)

3 - then on the Caltopo site you can see all the tracks/waypoints on various map types without installing any software. You can also use the "Export" button at the top of the page to download a GPX file (readable by most apps and GPS devices) or a KML file (for Google Earth and other apps).