Sign in to follow this  
KevinsOffroad.com

Have a Fun, Safe, and Death-Wobble Free Summer!

The kids are getting out of school and summer is officially beginning - time for camp outs, road trips and family vacations. We at Kevins Offroad wish our Offroad Passport family a fun and safe summer!

If death wobble is an issue you're dealing with as you prep your vehicle for summer fun, take a look at this article for some suggestions for finding and correcting the cause:

Link to article: Death Wobble – How To Fix Your Own Case of Death Wobble

death-wobble-how-to-fix-your-own.png

We hope you'll find out everything you ever wanted to know about death wobble, but if you don't find your answer be sure to check the Q&A comments at the bottom of the page, and add your own questions if needed.

Have a great summer everyone!

You might want to check your link to "SuperDurometer Track Bar Bushings". It tried to send me to my "Cart" which was empty.

The part about tire pressure doesn't make sense to me.

You should have somewhere around 30psi or so with stock tires, and the larger your tire are, the less pressure they should have.....

As an example, I run around 38psi in my 37′ tires.

A stock tire gets 30psi, but a 37" tire gets 38 psi, but the larger the tire the less pressure they should have?

Overall a very informative article. Thanks for posting.

You might want to check your link to "SuperDurometer Track Bar Bushings". It tried to send me to my "Cart" which was empty.

The part about tire pressure doesn't make sense to me.

You should have somewhere around 30psi or so with stock tires, and the larger your tire are, the less pressure they should have.....

As an example, I run around 38psi in my 37′ tires.

A stock tire gets 30psi, but a 37" tire gets 38 psi, but the larger the tire the less pressure they should have?

Overall a very informative article. Thanks for posting.

the track bar bushing link is broken for me as well.

i think maybe he meant stock tires get near 40 psi (depending on the rig)?

in my experience it's not the tire size that matters so much for pressure, but the type of tire, load rating, and vehicle weight. most aggressive tread (M/T) tires have much stiffer sidewalls and need less pressure regardless of size. in the WJ i ran around 30 to 33 PSI on the street once i switched to KM2's, both with 33's and eventually with 35's. any more than that and the center tread would wear out faster than the rest. a lighter vehicle with the same exact tire might be happy with even less.

when i had deathwobble in both the WJ and XJ, running higher tire pressures made it much more prone to happen. PSI was obviously not the cause (worn components were), but temporarily running a bit under-inflated till i could replace the correct parts helped make it happen less frequently.

Good call on the inaccurate URL for the SuperDurometer bushings (fixed it!) and the question about the tire pressure (I fixed that too!).

That sentence SHOULD have read... "As an example, I run around 24psi in my 33" tires.".

The more volume inside of the tire, the less air pressure is needed to support the same weight. If you double the volume, you'd need half the pressure.

Thanks,

Kevin