Sign in to follow this  
DanglyShackles

My '99 Dubya

Welcome to the WJ life :cool: . Just remember though it all, that this is FUN! Every broken part and upgrade is an opportunity to learn and better yourself and your rig. Looking forward to the build!

Welcome to the WJ life :cool: . Just remember though it all, that this is FUN! Every broken part and upgrade is an opportunity to learn and better yourself and your rig. Looking forward to the build!

Thank you! And it has already been loads of fun just getting to know the Jeep and doing minor repairs.

Well, as of 0830 on 08/31, I have done my first moderate modification/update (for me anyways). But, before that, let me backtrack. I spent the weekend of August 18th-22nd down in Prairie City, Oregon with a highschool buddy and his family on their ranch for the eclipse. During my time there, we spent hours perusing the Cabela's and Bass Pro Shop catalogues to pass the time. Well, something strategically placed in those printed pages caught my eye and my wallet... The Cabela's Trailgear roof basket with extension for the discounted sum of $99.95 American pesos. Needless to say, there was a rustling in my Jimmies and visions of sugar plums dancing in my head (well, not really but you know what I mean). Well, after a total of 5 whole minutes of contemplation and soul searching, I said "f*ck it" and committed myself to making that purchase as soon as I got home.

So yesterday at my earliest convenience (when they opened at 9am) I swung by my local Cabela's and, without an ounce of hesitation, grabbed the LAST ROOF BASKET IN STOCK! I jumped, I cheered, I high-fived strangers as they walked past, and took my newly acquired box full of awesome out those doors and loaded it up into my dubya. Then this morning, I got to work. It took all of 20 minutes from opening the box to completing the installation and damn am I stoked!

ADDXJmQ.jpg