Sign in to follow this  
jgaz

Castle Hot Springs to Reopen

An article from 9/23/17 AZ Republic.

http://arizonarepublic.az.newsmemory.com/publink.php?shareid=098d5a18b

I didn't know if this should be posted here so Mods feel free to move it.

You can see a recent pic of the resort in this thread by Kris. I don't have anything as current as his pic

https://offroadpassport.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5034&highlight=Castle+hot+springs

I saw this!!! It was only a matter of time I suppose before someone reinvested in this....BTW - drive across Rte 74 sometime...Lake Pleasant over to 60, and see the number of huge electric poles they have erected, and are still doing so. I was told that Troon owns all the land now from the Q Resort to Lake Pleasant?? Don't know, but obviously there is some stuff happening in this beautiful desert area that I don't care to see...ie. developers.....sigh...they call it progress.

smiles, ladybug

The big electric poles are for an APS 500kv line. Troon (or someone,) may very well own land out there.

A few pics from 2013 of the property and some of the hot pools in the little valley behind the house. In the pic of a pic the big red roofed "U" shaped building is the hotel building which burned in 1976. The palm trees in the center of the "U" are still there as are a few steps to nowhere. Was a fun visit.

Castle Hot Springs 2013

Wow! sjkimmel99, those are the most recent, personal, pictures I've seen of the grounds.

How did you manage to get access like that?

Thanks for sharing those pics.

jgaz,

Thanks. Was a friend who had a co-worker who had permission/knew the care-takers. Lucky to be invited along for a fun day.

GREAT pics... Thanks for the share... ;)

Wow! That's so cool! Thank you for sharing

Attached is a brochure about Castle Hot Springs, from the 1930's that jgaz (Jim's) wife found ...

castle.pdf