Sign in to follow this  
lofreqjeff

Jeff & Katies new 4Runner

When we got back from vacation in July, we found the red 2006 4Runner with a decent size puddle of coolant under it which, at the time, didn't concern me too much assuming it was going to be something simple like a radiator hose or something. I took it to the place that did the 80K & 100K mile maintenance including the timing belt, water pump and all cooling hoses. They pressure tested it and said they couldn't find anything wrong with it and said there is a slight chance it was a freeze plug and worst case, head gasket. But, since there was not a very obvious issue, they said just drive it and bring it back if it happens again. That issue is always on my mind and is part of the reason we didn't do the off roading part of the Cinders trip this year. Well, Thursday last week, it happened again. There was a very small puddle of coolant, I took it back, pressure tested it and said, again there isn't any solid conclusive evidence of where the leak is coming from. Friday morning, there was a substantial puddle of coolant under it so I took it back again and we concluded this time that the coolant is seeping from the head gasket. Since is a 4.7L V8, and the truck is almost 12 years old, the cost to repair it is just not worth it to me and didn't seem like the right direction to take. So I decided it was time to let it go and finally take that leap that I've been contemplating for a long time now and get something else.

Here is our new 2017 4Runner SR5 Premium! Black with beige/tan 'cool-tech' synthetic leather interior, fully loaded, power everything, navigation, heated seats and mirrors, reclining rear seats and its going back on Thursday for a 2.5"-3" Bilstein lift, bigger tires and rims. I'll post more pics when I get it back from the lift & tires.

IMG_20170926_072801425_zpsl540hqxr.JPG.ff3f3ebe5b9b7e1ea8a5c3c001b742f3.JPG

IMG_20170925_163443580_zpsrtjiungm.JPG.c2b1e1b57bbd299d7c86f4e982f9f412.JPG

very nice!

Nice 4Runner Jeff.

I "almost" purchased a new Toyota pick up recently. Their parts dept. had quite a few aftermarket wheels and different suspension systems to choose from plus the aftermarket stuff looks quality. Looking forward to your update pics.

Nice 4Runner Jeff.

I "almost" purchased a new Toyota pick up recently. Their parts dept. had quite a few aftermarket wheels and different suspension systems to choose from plus the aftermarket stuff looks quality. Looking forward to your update pics.

I'm taking it to the shop that Big Two Toyota has all their work done and meeting with one of their sales consultants to pick up what I want for it. There is quite a bit to choose from, I'm super excited! I should have more pics on Friday :)

Congrats on the your 'baby' you guys!!! It's gorgeous can't wait to see it!

Very nice! Congrats! Looking forward to the mod pics.

Beautiful new rig! Can't wait to check it out!

It took a few days longer than expected because I asked for black lug nuts to go with the black wheels, and apparently that takes 3 extra days - gotta love dealership vendors.

But here she is! 3" lift, 33's on 18's :) It actually feels like a truck now instead of just an over sized car like it did with those street tires.

IMG_20171002_160857751_zpsrss6goco.JPG.b445cee586c41495a52fc00ecb467e36.JPG

IMG_20171002_160827508_zps0lrdyno5.JPG.bb4d6223dcec473ff312aceb5fefcbb0.JPG

good looking rims!