Sign in to follow this  
Robert

Bloody Basin

Just south Cordes Lakes is the Bloody Basin exit. Its over 100 miles of dirt and mountainous roads. Its a nice way to spend a day or camp. Comes out at 7 Springs like Table Mesa. Got a week off and wanted to get out of the house.

PB110002.thumb.jpg.1c559dca732a0be330c8c38d74a597b2.jpg

Yep, great area! Next time we go that way I'll let you know...there's some awesome Indian petroglyphs on the mesa.

smiles, ladybug

I took that trail before. I remember the road being bone jarring & bumpy.

Things have changed there. 35 years ago there was a road that led out to a cabin and an Indian burial ground. Quit a ways out. I was looking at Google maps and it seams to be the trail that leads out behind that ranch a few miles from the highway. I went through the ranch and had some dog chasing and barking at me. There was a back road I tried which led to a gate. I went in but one has to be careful when alone not to get stuck. Looks like some one dumped a bunch of sand to discourage folks from going in. On the way back out I was met by some grumpy old guy with a game and fish hat on asking me if I had any firearms. Went back to the 100 mile road and went to 7 springs.

Wouldn't mind trying it again with some company in case someone got stuck. 35 years ago it was a cool area.