Sign in to follow this  
scottL

Jeep Cherokee Barn Find

Someone Just Snagged The Jeep Cherokee Barn Find Of The Century

"A Jalopnik reader from Long Island just bought a 4,400 mile Jeep Cherokee from an older owner in Queens in what is perhaps the greatest Jeep XJ barn find of our time. Prepare your feeble minds for photos of a factory-fresh Jeep Cherokee.

John and his buddies drove to the seller’s house in Glendale and immediately had their minds blown when they lifted the car cover. Not only did the XJ somehow have only 4,400 miles on the odometer, but it still had original instruction stickers for various features (like the folding seats and floor jack), the original tires, an original cargo cover, and an absolutely mint interior. Oh, and there wasn’t a spec of rust. Anywhere.

Aside from a thick coat of dust, John says the Jeep looked brand new. And judging by his pictures of the Jeep post-cleaning, he’s not lying."

aiv6xgziwizjc0xyj7pq.png

aubp9gpi2hombtslg50i.jpg

Always wondered why they have those "hooks" that are attached to the spare tire cover.. Mint:

bdmsohriuksiukkhfyly.jpg

dpzvrmzz51l8qt3ec3px.png

I would KILL for this driver seat. Brand new condition and my same color!

ftunvbeow0gomkqdwgai.png

Perfect rocker panels

ezyuldjoizu1lhmdbded.png

Jack & lug wrench as positioned from the factory

a0r1gugemxhrbvyfxtzl.png

Nary a rock chip

mitufum86oolficfsrzf.png

https://jalopnik.com/someone-just-snagged-the-jeep-cherokee-barn-find-of-the-1796801689

pretty neat, i used to dream of finding a 92 Comanche like that

That looks EXACTLY like my 1st Jeep when I first got it. Sweet find, and the article said the old lady was also selling: "The other cars for sale in the garage included: a 1968 Chevy Camaro, a 1972 Plymouth Duster, a 1997 Pontiac Bonneville SEEi and some sort of 1971 Pontiac." I think I'd of walked out of there with the XJ and the Camaro...

I think they call that a “time capsule”

Some of those pictures could be used in a factory sales brochure

That looks EXACTLY like my 1st Jeep when I first got it. Sweet find, and the article said the old lady was also selling: "The other cars for sale in the garage included: a 1968 Chevy Camaro, a 1972 Plymouth Duster, a 1997 Pontiac Bonneville SEEi and some sort of 1971 Pontiac." I think I'd of walked out of there with the XJ and the Camaro...
Got my jeep with the same wheels except of course a different color and way more miles on the odo. 68 Camaro would be my second pick too.

I think they call that a “time capsule”

Some of those pictures could be used in a factory sales brochure

Indeed they could. Partly why I posted the article, so I could go home and rearrange my bottle jack properly!

Scott, if you want/need your seat cushions and covers returned to "like new" condition, I have a friend in the upholstry business who is top-notch having learned from his dad, and doing upholstery for many years, including high-end restorations for muscle cars, and high-end ($$) antique vehicles. ;)

Trying to maintain my interior as best I can.

Seats look relatively good considering the abuse they've taken over the years. Covers are still decent but my cushion has fatigued on the driver's side. You can tell if you look close.

attachment.php?attachmentid=3297&d=1513005827

I am interested in getting my seat recovered. Is your friend lodcated in Wickenburg or Phoenix?

396769FE-.jpg.eea5d93df134826dc05b4256e8e70610.jpg

Hint: The dog is pointing towards the fatigued area.:D

Hint: The dog is pointing towards the fatigued area.:D

Hahahaha! Yup!