adriaanvn99

1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ Build

Rolling valvetrain goodness.. Very nice! I had a Scat crank shaft and rods in my Mustang.

I was thinking that since it was mandrel bent stainless steel it wasn’t necessary, but I might reconsider my thoughts!

Definitely not necessary, however, if you decide to jet coat or ceramic coat it you'll be stoked every time you pop the hood and it will keep engine temps down slightly but not enough to justify the cost.

The old adage, "chrome don't get you home" comes to mind:rolleyes:

The XJ is approaching the final stages of the engine swap! I had some trouble originally with my RaceTec pistons. The oil groove was originally not machined deep enough, so once the rings were on they wouldn’t seat properly in the block. This set me back quite a bit time wise with the build.

I also got to tearing down the original engine. Every single main bearing was spun within its cap. In some places it got so hot that it completely scarred the crankshaft. The only possible explanation to this is the high mileage it had. The original engine failed at 270 354 miles which isn’t too bad!

For now, lots of engine bay cleaning and tidying up to be done before the 4.6 gets dropped in!

5EAE5049-0C70-48EA-9231-60D889B77DED.jpg.e6dddccbcc8bf6a889112685175bd78b.jpg

9573F8E4-6CBD-43C5-AEFD-740F567ACB1A.thumb.jpg.f2256805b036f6bdac6538079e585590.jpg

60B9D86C-69CE-4682-9BB2-C12509C05D1F.thumb.jpg.f2e5d7504574c7fe47e226acc46adb32.jpg

Really impressed with the build quality and construction of this Mishimoto aluminum 3 core radiator. I am hoping this will keep the Stroker cool as they do tend to run on the hotter side at lower idle speeds

Looking good.. best of luck AA!

The 4.6 is ready to get dropped in! I am hoping to have it running by this weekend. Has certainly been a long process but I am hoping it will be worth it! Once everything is hooked up and running I will post a thorough breakdown

XJ_4.6.jpg.042f36f2ebacdbdb8a1a03b76a0606f9.jpg

XJ_4.6_2.jpg.d53c33e9e13b41dfe09e94699c87f3d5.jpg

• Love 1

Don't forget to do the break in procedure.

Might be rebuilding my engine soon. Look forward to your updates

il_794xN.1811675706_cfwa.jpg

We just did a reman engine in our XJ from Promar Precision Engines. Same company we used for the WJ. Happy with both engines. Great customer service too!

We just did a reman engine in our XJ from Promar Precision Engines. Same company we used for the WJ. Happy with both engines. Great customer service too!

Awesome! Good to know of a company that produces solid remanned engines