Bradywgn71

8 Person Coleman Instant Tent

Amazon is having a sale $160 on the 8 person Coleman Instant Tent. We like our 6 person and thought someone with a family might like this 8 person size. Link here

I have the eight person and there is room for me and my Jeep inside

I have the eight person and there is room for me and my Jeep inside

Haha! We're interested in the Instant Tent, but I don't think we need one quite that big. Seems like a great deal though.

I wanted a 4 person, but for some reason Coleman thinks the height of 4 people in a tent are shorter than 6 people in a tent.

I caught an Amazon sale for a 6 person @ $129.00 ... So far I like it but I have used it only 3 times, so no long term use history.

Right now I am trying to figure out out to get a rainfly for it from Oz. Their Coleman products are little differnt from the US.

i love our coleman 6 person instant tent. we have the older dark blue and gray version that i think i got on Amazon. it has been perfect for 2 adults... and was fine to have Brady in with us when he was a little guy. i definitely recommend the rainfly accessory.

the newer 6 person in bright green and light gray is a different design. it has a more rectangular shape and a slightly more complicated pole design. i believe those newer ones come with a fly though whereas you had to buy it seperate on our version.

i also have the dark blue/gray 4 person one as a loaner if i bring another person camping. it really is more of a 1 adult tent at most.

i noticed that Coleman has quite a few more designs of instant tents now, including several that are more dome shaped which reduces standing room but helps with stability in windy conditions.

Yeah we have had the 6 person for a few years now and really like it. I did spray ours with some marine weatherproofing spray. It helps shed the dust and if it ever rained we would be better protected.