Sign in to follow this  
gearhead

how to post a picture on hard drive / desktop

Hi,

I was wondering how to post a picture into a post of a thread from a picture on my hard drive / desktop? I did a search but didn't find anything.

Thanks in advance.

in the post text editor toolbar (just above where you type), use the paperclip icon.

that will pop-up a small window where you can press a "Choose File" button, then press the "Upload" button. after it finishes uploading that file, you can use the choose and upload buttons again and again for more files (i think a max of 5 or so...).

then you just close that small popup window.

at that point you can simply finish typing and press the post/submit button and your photos will show as clickable thumbnails all at the bottom of the post like on this one!

the file has to be a JPG or GIF or PNG (i.e. standard internet image file types). our forum software will resize the photo for you, however if the file is too large then it might not let you upload it because the server can only handle files up to a certain size. in that case you'd need to use some application on your PC to downsize it first.

profane-lady.jpg

..Then I click on the thumbnail to expand & copy/paste prior to posting so everyone else can see a larger rendering

attachment.php?attachmentid=3400&d=1516277131

• Like 1

I didn't know about this method. I've been re-sizing them and uploading to my gallery and going from there.