dzJeepChic

2/17/18: Sunflower Mine Bridge Recon & Picnic, Sunflower, AZ, 4x4 Easy to Moderate

Sorry for the short notice! We're going to go see what's up with the bridge on the Sunflower Mine Loop. Signs have been installed saying the bridge is out, but a friend told us you can bypass it. So we're just going to drive down to the bridge, check it out, have a picnic lunch, and return the same way we went in. The trail is rated a strong moderate with some possible difficult (we haven't been there in a while, you know how mother nature can change things up!).

UbqKR2tgXkA46CGRswG9fBBJKwxUedme9qN3aE4sRvIPX9oJRDaGQaIrEoOf0KfCatTGYpKf6W-Aqd2wu4HU3WMZBi9R4KhsDQ8jjbfPRO9v8OToY3Rs5dlTtXxzc1rdKO9b7hLibTxX6P0h10HN8sAI73N81vbL9mlxJR-GSKA6jgtOhXYpLk535X1F3kw3pEW1_7J0cyRzNDOe-Qy0BLHpeo86hF2YpESeVOCaQoSUi2ynVYEbDig2AkVAPo_htC9wuhvVcBho8YMlJELPZBg6yDqBSTbrfFtx48fWjhhYYIRJUjLs5yczccaHG8Al-qEmPcbJahMIc5ZuEeVPQaYRQiCdU5li-uZ7oUOR3BtENh9GerfqawsK4bfAGVbhp5V_Sx4JtiuWhuqwE5SiOt2aUB2fWcqapbky0ZdGk2TaNAf3GNW5qzQfmGIwalloOa4W0Wa6ClmX-SJTWlqwa8YaazbKdSMEJwGuoQPMDKAlfbKwXsNuBQ1H5qdlRFdAEfsMKJ4MtwGze10FjU5-4MzZCSWETydAe3q5JatKDwwhFVe0euK_pHefs5VPbw0WSuJS8Nx0IEriNHMM-m_Sza6j16mA0tKLs0LFE-sUCeHRwTrDixaMgRQwnqhKcqnqL6-7liWKDrNSjclhFCOxyI-ErGpNV2As8Q=s800

Photo credit to Kaspily, AKA Sarah

Meet up:

9:30 AM at the Baja gas station (Chevron) on Hwy 87 and Fort McDowell Rd: Map link here...

REQUIREMENTS:

- experienced drivers in a high-clearance vehicle with 4x4 low range, a mild lift with good articulation, oversize A/T or M/T tires, and good armor/skids.

- a working CB or ham radio

- drivers and vehicles must meet all state/federal legal requirements (seatbelts, insurance, etc.)

OTHER INFO:

- bring a lunch, plenty of water, a camera, and an easy-going attitude!

- not sure when we'll be done, probably air up by 3 or 4pm.

- CB channel 4 or ham simplex 146.46MHz

Trail Leaders:

Number 7 & dzJeepchic

Attending:

scottL

I would love to join you guys, but I don't know if Ruby will be ready by then. All her interior is striped out, including all the seats.

I'll update you if anything changes.

I’m in.

i'll be at the gas station, i may come with you and walk the rock crawl if you're going in the normal loop direction

i'll be at the gas station, i may come with you and walk the rock crawl if you're going in the normal loop direction

going in the normal loop direction, just to the samdog bridge & back.

Rats missed this! Jeep in shop but Burb was ready... see you next time.