Sign in to follow this  
adriaanvn99

1998 Jeep ZJ Limited Opinions

Looking into maybe picking up a 1998 ZJ Limited with the 5.9 V8 for a decent price. Seems like a sort of "barn find" and will need some work done to it. Was wondering what opinions/advice people had on them

If you have the means.. Get it!

I "almost" bought this one a while ago but others talked me out of it:

PICT0005-4-1024x681.jpg

http://swoopmotorsports.com/advert/1998-jeep-cherokee-limited-zj-rock-crawler-5-9-v-8/

wanted to lower it down & do a little fender trim but decided I already had a decent jeep at the time:rolleyes:

If you have the means.. Get it!

I "almost" bought this one a while ago but others talked me out of it:

PICT0005-4-1024x681.jpg

http://swoopmotorsports.com/advert/1998-jeep-cherokee-limited-zj-rock-crawler-5-9-v-8/

wanted to lower it down & do a little fender trim but decided I already had a decent jeep at the time:rolleyes:

Sure a good looking ZJ! I put in an offer which I couldn't pass up on so I will be going tomorrow morning with a flatbed to pick it up. Will upload some pics once I have it.

Biggest attraction to me was the fact that it was a 1998 Limited with the 5.9, which seem pretty rare. Body seems like its in good shape with no rust so hopefully I will be able to revive it.

awesome, what color is it?

awesome, what color is it?

It is all white, with color matched side trims too! I've never owned a white car before, so this will be a first. Thinking a white/black theme will be in order :D

It is all white, with color matched side trims too! I've never owned a white car before, so this will be a first. Thinking a white/black theme will be in order :D

CJlj8SCUwAAN1N8.jpg

I had one some years back, it was a great jeep except I kept having transmission and rear axle problems.. The rear is a D44 but it has an aluminum housing...

I had one some years back, it was a great jeep except I kept having transmission and rear axle problems.. The rear is a D44 but it has an aluminum housing...

Thats what I have heard. Will need to get a proper skid for the rear

ZJ Limited is a nice rig. Just look for rust under the body and rockers. If available, you can ask for receipts for transmission fluid/filter changes. This will give you an idea if the transmission is well maintained.

I picked it up about two weeks ago and found the receipts for the trans work done. It does not have reverse at the moment so I am busy digging into it. As far as the rust, there is a bit under the rockers - will have to cut some of it out unfortunately