Has anyone tried the Flowkooler water pump? Heard it helps with overheating at low RPMS.

Has anyone tried the Flowkooler water pump? Heard it helps with overheating at low RPMS.

I have also heard good things about the Flowkooler pumps. I redid my XJ cooling system about 18 months ago and just replaced it with a Gates pump. I replaced my radiator, waterpump, thermostat, thermostat housing and hoses. Before the XJ would cruise on the highways around 215°, and when in traffic (standstill) it would creep up to 220°. After the cooling system overhaul it cruises at 210°, and if I turn on the external fan bypass switch I can get it down to around 205°. I recently found out that the Gates waterpump was actually sold under the Mopar high performance part by the dealer (still need proper verification of this) but I haven't had any issues with mine. I would say if your vehicle is overheating at low RPM's or standing still in traffic then I would take a closer look at your fan clutch...

I tried the flowkooler on my TJ, didn't help. Correct solution for me was a new radiator. I had an aftermarket rad and replaced it with an OEM and the problem was gone. As stated above, overheating at low speeds is usually an air flow problem, high speeds a water flow problem.

We have one, G says he likes it. Don't know if it really helps but he likes it. Like Curly said the OEM radiator makes the biggest difference in overheating.