Seems ARB saw a gap in the market and came out with this sweet new jack. Seems to look somewhat lighter and safer than the previous Hi-Lift jack! I couldn’t find a price online anywhere but I would imagine it will be pretty pricey

https://expeditionportal.com/arb-releases-new-jack/

I like it, smaller and lighter.

Looks much cooler than the Hi-Lift one. Here're some specs when compared with the 60" Hi-Lift:

Max lift: ARB - 48" (1230mm) vs 58" for the Hi-Lift

Weight: ARB - 23lb vs 29 for Hi-Lift (60" version)

Ease of use: ARB wins : hydraulic vs mechanical ratcheting

Reliability: Hi-Lift wins: no oil, valves, etc

Storage: Hi-lift can be attached outside the vehicle (cast iron), the ARB is too pretty, plus seems to be unprotected aluminum.

Cost: not sure yet, but I guess the Hi-Lift will be cheaper (not even considering clones such as HF)

Cool factor: ARB 5 out of 5, Hi-Lift 4 out of 5 (for the Red one :) )

All in all, I'm a fan of ARB products, an this one will be another one to lust after.

it's great to see some innovation within this niche of the 4x4 recovery market! my guess is this will end up around $200. ARB does make quality stuff though.

in all my years wheeling, i've needed a farm jack style lift probably less than five times on my own rig or someone else's...

9 times out of 10 that you need a jack it's to lift the axle a few inches. in these cases a factory jack plus a stable base (or large flat rock) does the trick quicker and safer than anything.

there are those occasions when only a tall lift will do though. extracting a boulder wedged between a wheel and the frame, or moving your rig over a few feet with the ole lift-shove-and-watch-out technique. and of course, with the right kit you can winch yourself using a Hi-Lift (very slowly, but great for moving the ass-end of a rig sideways). not to mention Hi-Lift handles have been used to temporarily sleeve a tie-rod, or to hold a broken c-clip axle's wheel on.

062-hi-lift-jack-tie-rod-draglink-sleeve-trail-repair.jpg

i'll still be carrying my 60" Hi-Lift for some time to come, along with a Lift-Mate, their Off Road Kit, and a long section of chain for winching (at least till i pony up for a bumper and winch).

08FALL_27_HILIFT7.jpg

p.s. best feature of this fancy ARB thing is that it probably doesn't rattle incessantly!!!

;)

Looks much cooler than the Hi-Lift one. Here're some specs when compared with the 60" Hi-Lift:

Max lift: ARB - 48" (1230mm) vs 58" for the Hi-Lift

Weight: ARB - 23lb vs 29 for Hi-Lift (60" version)

Ease of use: ARB wins : hydraulic vs mechanical ratcheting

Reliability: Hi-Lift wins: no oil, valves, etc

Storage: Hi-lift can be attached outside the vehicle (cast iron), the ARB is too pretty, plus seems to be unprotected aluminum.

Cost: not sure yet, but I guess the Hi-Lift will be cheaper (not even considering clones such as HF)

Cool factor: ARB 5 out of 5, Hi-Lift 4 out of 5 (for the Red one :) )

All in all, I'm a fan of ARB products, an this one will be another one to lust after.

Thanks for the comparison!

it's great to see some innovation within this niche of the 4x4 recovery market! my guess is this will end up around $200. ARB does make quality stuff though.

in all my years wheeling, i've needed a farm jack style lift probably less than five times on my own rig or someone else's...

9 times out of 10 that you need a jack it's to lift the axle a few inches. in these cases a factory jack plus a stable base (or large flat rock) does the trick quicker and safer than anything.

there are those occasions when only a tall lift will do though. extracting a boulder wedged between a wheel and the frame, or moving your rig over a few feet with the ole lift-shove-and-watch-out technique. and of course, with the right kit you can winch yourself using a Hi-Lift (very slowly, but great for moving the ass-end of a rig sideways). not to mention Hi-Lift handles have been used to temporarily sleeve a tie-rod, or to hold a broken c-clip axle's wheel on.

062-hi-lift-jack-tie-rod-draglink-sleeve-trail-repair.jpg

i'll still be carrying my 60" Hi-Lift for some time to come, along with a Lift-Mate, their Off Road Kit, and a long section of chain for winching (at least till i pony up for a bumper and winch).

08FALL_27_HILIFT7.jpg

p.s. best feature of this fancy ARB thing is that it probably doesn't rattle incessantly!!!

;)

Very true - I think it’s pretty sweet that Hi-Lifts have been around for so long. It’s always been a piece of a kit I’ve had when doing long trips. I like how versatile it is if used properly. We once used one to take a tire off a rim on the trail as gravel got caught in the bead and caused a slow leak. The HiLift made quick work of it!

ARB USA just posted this on their Facebook page!

MSRP for the jack is $812

2118499465_arbjack.jpg.21c06eea8b4935b9d9721ce0d730376a.jpg

:eek:I’ll stick with my trusty old high lift then. Here’s how I keep it from rattling out on the trail

attachment.php?attachmentid=3631&stc=1&d=1522690010

attachment.jpg.f6c69562063c2494285419a41d6abf86.jpg