Azoutlaw480

12 Feet Away - Grand Adventure

If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans. Don’t know where I heard that but IMHO it’s true.

The big picture is still the same just the timing is altered. Good luck

If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans. Don’t know where I heard that but IMHO it’s true.

The big picture is still the same just the timing is altered. Good luck

So true!

Well we are still in the valley. It pains me to say but the surgery really set us back and we were never able to fully recover. After we paid up our deductibles and what, we received some very large out of network surgeon bills too. So we've been dealing with disputes and records, doctors, etc.

Disputes seem to be going fine but as of now the BIG trip has been CANCELLED.

Shoot, maybe it wasnt meant to be after all. Sure seems like life events really ramped up once we made the commitment!

So here we are, no home, not very many belongings. We talked and have a new plan now. This whole adventure idea was meant to be a shakeup in life. We wanted something fresh and different I suppose. We wanted to experience new locations and what not, change of scenery. We wanted some more trees in our lives too.

So we've decided to stick with the adventurous theme and move up north! We got small place in Show Low that was everything my wife has ever wanted in a house! It was just built this year too! Very good construction that was documented on Instagram by the builder....@hevnarhomes, check it out!

So we plan to be up there permanently before winter comes. The job market up there is actually not that bad for people our age. Lots of medical work and what not. My wife may even be able to keep her job and work from home. I can also do part time contract work for my existing employer. So thats a nice buffer.

Anyways, we do love the RV we got and have taken it out a few times now. We plan to just keep it since we love it so much and hope to take more trips in the future. Hopefully we can take a long-ish trip late winter or early spring.

Here are some pics from some of our outings!

29951176197_510c0859f1_c.jpgIMG_0507 by Jason Montes, on Flickr

44837924192_448bfa1eec_c.jpg_DSC0016.NEF by Jason Montes, on Flickr

44888414941_fa3b1430ca_c.jpg_DSC0064.NEF by Jason Montes, on Flickr

I LOVE THIS ONE!!!

44838256352_708e48a9ed_c.jpg_DSC0066.NEF by Jason Montes, on Flickr

44837857622_daa4e8e8d2_c.jpg_DSC0037.NEF by Jason Montes, on Flickr

Her favorite spot in the Rocky (the RV).

44888413621_9ef0261710_c.jpgIMG_0528 by Jason Montes, on Flickr

44888414891_024b62e162_c.jpg_DSC0027.NEF by Jason Montes, on Flickr

Sorry to hear about everything. But if you need someone to adventure/wheel with in Show Low, hit me up. I live off the 60 and 260 by the Super 8 & the McCarty building.

Sorry to hear about everything. But if you need someone to adventure/wheel with in Show Low, hit me up. I live off the 60 and 260 by the Super 8 & the McCarty building.

Oh thats right! I knew there were some club members up there!

Thats really cool!

Well it's great to get an update from you guys! Sorry how things (didn't) worked out, but it sounds like you're at least in a place that's good for now. Sometimes the world laughs at our 'plans'; enjoy the trees though!

Way late to this party, but welcome to the mountain.

Way late to this party, but welcome to the mountain.

Thanks Ted!

We love it so far.

Maybe we can check out some trails in the future.

We need to get a Show Low group run set up