dzJeepChic

Apache Tears we found near Superior

We went to a place Russ (Kermit) told us about to look for Apache Tears today. I've never been able to find any Apache Tears before; I guess I didn't know what I was looking for. But Russ was right, there were Apache Tears all over the place, and I started finding them on the ground as soon as we parked the Jeeps. We walked a short distance where we dug out Apache Tears we saw peeking out of the walls of a minor cave. We found several golf-ball size ones, a bunch of thumb print size, and a whole lot of smaller ones. What a fun day!!

UTgssqRk9NSgRtRU3oTFfF3ivIzXdcQBhQWCPupO_DFQGUExSmmVARqq32Jwy32bnX7e8rPzlchxPwLNak36VvTAt3lvflxlq02NeZwb5KYnW6qDE1b0vDNVWRzJHVmNdkUMYHBVYsxYxgExZ38GHAQ_6S6nJTOUaPwCY9l3TmmlZE41_-iqd-Ujd86gXZ9lTzcw1bDgQkZu6cRoa_6j62WFOJmyiSt2F26ZQJvy66I9EyA5uU_XOUv93M2LktkArUCV_3dtVxwmFWvHj4aZmNIXqA9AQn8KpUFWpT6zglvOph57yAQkiOPuUxWLDKX_PA3AniDJznclHvTlu9wfKj-hsbRzydO5ESEtf6Tr0VXmC-4FFaGNkMUb8VTfKSUevmUHQsEFecjfrLGjkYHTfIbDoD28wr_LIyWc8P7rYW3Wl5M6BZkiEHWCtlceFmzECmx_sHXp_TjgDvHiWdXq-wglhlKBcqwQjNMFWdNdmUrNE80zV52YaYqaD218c6PHPmPLM2FxpdrYT3AKn5Ye_TMK30ImhTybS3yYXuU_ev9zXf0tTBaueRuqRlkHoPp_oEVJO3zYrfUjsQW12YVtJJyz8mmCibNlOY1yRigffpwC-GKeAGcdwuUxXtmrzUQ6byiJFG9CTYxA6Z3ivo2wX44TZTRJDRgVxA=s800

3Nlkq2qD-5HILq7r6dnTJnlJSCQtNGkeIFuaPISkjtNKYGg9lkNTGH2YEMGnEjRcjxeky7swwPrWLPq98lgXBbbGwKcnDMxc9W88RVw4aFzNgBR2WPN5jmj6M0b9RMxNRA3S1j2AIIabmHpZrJFjD_ddY4fXbaUh1HqpCN9hDWSl3L9pgTWo1mYAkbXuzQyxzds26cftwIq2KmeKfdxyEoEISTznGlAXTj0w7hOtzm9SmB6FTTJUY3VZaOPFxbh_OIAmRUTyEMzYXrNZm5Xw0HF7oaULL5KfBNQjmWrORYU3w4l8v2n1BFul6Y8aLw4Qhqn28Dpyu20muUGShM-VQ61NkvO9ynt7I_6gO8_2ZaQdn5L33lL6VBT71wZXKPvv3wn6x4Hj446Z14vK4I031AjyjoJbpaV_w6_b-SzWQzP9ZvsXQUVviqjeUW2mTOpO-hKxuvLQOHi_5pZGfCpjmOVYS7uvShwRqLZDY3mfwsbxirbSJ7_mrgjX9EPpBvurpnRB6ymLQ-05uDUPMZIRyS5L7yPdiYh6bUL-7k1tOBqD4rocHN0X5ySvzsThrfOT9R1MvYx1kAjliixF-x7JZ-f36VOmLP0cTl225ikBr3uyuQjPtvpV6AdwUPvfs_ELvKzL472SgOP8pVuJPuAOTVNfJgtXXRjLug=s800

• Thanks 1

I can't see the pics, D

I can't see the pics, D

me either - yet i could see them earlier today!

I can't see the pics, D

me either - yet i could see them earlier today!

Weird. Fixed it.

nice rocks!

oooh - i didn't realize they were translucent - even nicer!

12-XL-CHARGED-Jewelry-Grade-Polished-APACHE-TEARS.jpg

apache_tears__27163.1439324575.500.600.JPG?c=2

maybe you can rent some time in Karen's rock tumbler? :D

nice rocks!

oooh - i didn't realize they were translucent - even nicer!

maybe you can rent some time in Karen's rock tumbler?

Yeah, that's what's coolest about them. A bunch of the ones I found are already shiny on the outside, others have white splotches and some look like they had brown dirt on the outside. But they are all translucent like that. Neat rocks.

Hadn't thought about renting tumbler space...

Those look amazing all polished up. Can you PM me the location? My daughter loves collecting rocks and I would love gathering some with her.

Thx, Kurt T.

Very cool, I had no idea what Apache Tears were until I read the thread :)

AWESOME!! Let me know when you are heading back!! And yes, we can use one of my 3 rock tumblers. They need to be in a tumbler by themselves, with a different kind of medium, so they don't fracture...

Sorry I missed this trip!!

smiles, ladybug