reybie

Looking for area to camp overnight in Pinetop

We are heading to Pinetop for one of Cheryl's activity this coming August. It starts early Saturday morning so we thought maybe drive up there early afternoon on Friday and camp overnight (probably in our GC). Anyone know of a spot we can set up camp overnight so we don't have get up before the chickens.

Thanks!

I don''t know the area well enough to recommend anything, but if you don't mind a campground, Fools Hollow lake in Show low is very nice. They have tent sites as well as full hook up. Pretty place, but popular. If you choose to go, make reservations now.

https://azstateparks.com/fool-hollow/

We are in Stage 3 Gire Restrictions up here in Show Low/Lakeside/Pinetop. Lots of forest closures as well. Fool’s Hollow Lake is nice, just make sure you have a propane fire pit with you if you want a fire.

I don''t know the area well enough to recommend anything, but if you don't mind a campground, Fools Hollow lake in Show low is very nice. They have tent sites as well as full hook up. Pretty place, but popular. If you choose to go, make reservations now.

https://azstateparks.com/fool-hollow/

Wow, you're not kidding about being popular! No sites for August 3rd/4th. :eek:

You might also try the Show Low Lake campground. It’s decent.

Thanks! I will give that a try :)

I'm late to this thread, but you said in August, right? Anyways, the fire restrictions have been lifted and I thought I'd propose another place, Scott's Reservoir. It's decent and free.

Thank you for the pointer. We ended up booking a small cottage on airbnb, good price and we decided to stay 2 nights so the shower is a plus! :) Looking forward to take a short break from the heat.

The pay campgrounds around the area are booked, everyone wants to cool down in the mountains for a bit I guess.