Sign in to follow this  
mesach

OLD member, new ride.

So, I created an account on ORP way back when it was getting setup since TheKSmith is a friend of mine to do testing of the site and all, but I never owned anything really capable of off-roading.

Well that all changed yesterday when I became the proud owner of a 2015 JKU Rubicon

Welcome ! ! ! ;)

Yep, your join date is the month launched! Sweet, now you can go wheeling with us!

congrats on the new Jeep, it'll be good to see you around a campfire again!

congrats on the new Jeep, it'll be good to see you around a campfire again!

Well you kept moving them further and further off road and every time I found you I’d hear you muttering something under your breath bout having to find harder and harder spots.

let's see some photos of this supposed new rig! :D

besides, i hear the tires touched dirt (or sand) this weekend, so... pics-or-it-didn't-happen! :P

Anyone have any tips on how to handle washboard? My teeth haven't chattered that much since I lived in MN and went through the week where it was -35-40 below.

Here you go Senor

The Slot at Anza Borrego, didn't get to go further than the parking lot since it was sooooooo hot

LFWMYfe.jpg

it was 119 with a 20mph wind, it felt like a blast furnace

wJvVAgj.jpg

The Beauty and the Beast

aM1UPJv.jpg

Yin and Yang both my rides, couldn't be more different in every way.

MPimaCS.jpg

Nice rack.

yay pics! we just did a trip to Anza in the spring. there, Big Bear, the Mojave Preserve, Calico, and Corral Canyon OHV areas are all reasonably close to you.

the heat is indeed insane right now, glad you didn't hike and die! i hope you guys took lots of water?

what does Julie think of the Jeep, and driving offroad?

Anyone have any tips on how to handle washboard? My teeth haven't chattered that much since I lived in MN and went through the week where it was -35-40 below.

washboard always brings the suck - and even more so in a solid-front-axle rig!

- get a $500,000 true race truck suspension, or...

- air down and disconnect your sway bar (you've got a fancy button for the sway bar part)

of course then you have to air back up to hit the pavement again... a 12v compressor that hooks directly to the battery and is capable of running long enough to refill all 4 tires will be one of your most often used accessories. get one ASAP along with a good offroad tire patch kit and basic tow strap from a reliable company.

Smittybilt, though not exactly known as a high-end company, has one of the best compressor values with their model 2781 - it's much faster than anything in that price range.

also, a set of automatic deflators make the airing down process less tedious, though you can just use a key and tire gauge and do the tires one at a time :eek:. the Staun ones are bulletproof, but the J.T. Brooks Pro ones are easier to get dialed-in to your desired pressure the first time. don't buy any of the $25 random Chinese sets, they don't stop consistently.

Nice rack.

Thanks, have to figure out what to do with it, might put a load warrior on it and just use it to throw things up there when needed.